Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 5.5.2
An error NullReferenceException shows up, when Inherit Velocity is set to less or more than 0 and Rigidbody2D is set to Dynamic
1. Open the attached project "inheritVelocity_rigidbody.zip";
2. Open the scene "test";
3. Click on ParticleSystem_test -> ParticleSystem -> Inherit Velocity;
4. Change the setting "Multiplier" and observe the Console window;
5. Click on ParticleSystem|_test -> Rigidbody2D ->Body Type;
6. Change the setting from Dynamic to Kinematic or Static and observe the Console window;
Actual result: the errors "NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object" and "Unexpected top level layout group! Missing GUILayout.EndScrollView/EndVertical/EndHorizontal?" show up.
Expected result: the errors should not show up. A note by the Inherit Velocity "Inherit velocity requires interpolation enabled on the rigidbody to function correctly" should show up.
Note: the errors appear when Rigidbody2D Body Type is set to Dynamic and ParticleSystem Inherit Velocity Multiplier is set to more or less than 0. With other Body Types, everything works correctly. Also, with Rigidbody component, the errors do not show up.
Reproduced with: 5.5.0b1, 5.5.0f1, 5.6.0b6
Not reproducible: 5.5.0a1
Regression introduced in 5.5.0a3
Could not be tested with 5.4 versions because in there Rigidobody2D does not have Body Type setting.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- CIL Linker errors are thrown when building with IL2CPP/WebGL
- Some normal maps has ripple effect and appears to be lower in quality when using default compression settings
- <color=red><></color> does not work with 呸 symbol
- Warning on affected shader count is not thrown when trying to collect shader variants with Async Shader compilation enabled
- Japanese diacritic symbols are missing from the build executable file when building the project