Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2021.2.X
Fixed in 2018.4.X, 2020.3.X, 2021.1.X
An empty custom editor will force all inspector windows to be redrawn every frame.
How to reproduce:
1. From any project, add the attached ForcesRepaint MonoBehaviour (see attached files)
2. Create a new GameObject and add the ForcesRepaint MonoBehaviour on it.
3. Open multiple inspector windows (and/or Properties... windows) and lock them to different objects.
4. Open another inspector window and select the GameObject containing the ForcesRepaint MonoBehaviour.
Expected result: The inspector windows do not repaint constantly.
Actual result: If the ForcesRepaint MonoBehaviour is inspected, all inspector windows are repainted every frame (see attached files).
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Editor crashes when loading RenderDoc with Graphics API set to OpenGLES2 or OpenGLES3
- [Windows] Development Build with no scenes shows a purple screen when using OpenGLES3 graphics API
- Shader variants take too much memory at runtime
- [HDRP][VFX] Output mesh with default shader is incorrectly sorted before the HDRP fog
- Error "'GamepadSpeakerOutputType' does not exist in the namespace 'UnityEngine'" occurs in the Console when building a project