Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2021.2.X
Fixed in 2018.4.X, 2020.3.X, 2021.1.X
An empty custom editor will force all inspector windows to be redrawn every frame.
How to reproduce:
1. From any project, add the attached ForcesRepaint MonoBehaviour (see attached files)
2. Create a new GameObject and add the ForcesRepaint MonoBehaviour on it.
3. Open multiple inspector windows (and/or Properties... windows) and lock them to different objects.
4. Open another inspector window and select the GameObject containing the ForcesRepaint MonoBehaviour.
Expected result: The inspector windows do not repaint constantly.
Actual result: If the ForcesRepaint MonoBehaviour is inspected, all inspector windows are repainted every frame (see attached files).
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- The terrain appears darker when "Per-pixel Normal" is enabled
- [Linux] Editor assertion causes Test Runner to fail when executing it in Batch Mode
- Color selection by the mouse cursor is still enabled when the "Esc" button is pressed
- Game view becomes black and the Scene window becomes grey, “ArgumentOutOfRangeException” errors and “Render Pipeline error” warnings appear after changing the name or deleting URP/HDRP global settings file
- Transform Component is not accessible inside the Player when RuntimeInitializeOnLoadMethod is used
Resolution Note (fix version 2021.2):
Fixed in 2021.2.0a10
Resolution Note (fix version 2021.1):
Fixed in 2021.1.0f1
Resolution Note (fix version 2020.3):
Fixed in 2020.3.1f1
Resolution Note (fix version 2018.4):
Fixed in 2018.4.33f1