Search Issue Tracker
Ampersand in the Project name prevents the C# Project Files from being generated and throws an XmlException
1. Create and open a project with a "&" symbol in its name
2. Create a new C# script and open it
-- Error occurs informing that a name did not start with a legal character
XmlException: a name did not start with a legal character 32 ( ) Line 58, position 41.
Mono.Xml2.XmlTextReader.ReadName (System.String& prefix, System.String& localName)
Reproduced with: 2017.4.9f1, 2018.1.9f1, 2018.2.5f1, 2018.3.0a8
- If a folder name, with any scripts in it, has an ampersand, the error occurs as well;
- Reproduces with VScode, VS, Notepad++.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Missing `localhost` in the `hosts` file configuration could cause the Unity Package Manager server to fail to start
- Wrong scaling in shadow mask scene view mode
- Type.GetField() works differently in IL2CPP from Mono
- Splitter resize cursors flicker on Linux and Windows
- Can't select sRGB color format for Render Texture on HDRP project