Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2021.3.33f1, 2022.3.14f1, 2023.1.16f1, 2023.2.0b12, 2023.3.0a6
Alpha channel is discarded when texture is imported as cubemap on Android platform
Steps to reproduce:
1. Open the attached project "AlphaChannelCubemap.7z"
2. Switch the Platform to Android
3. In the Project Window Click on either "masked_hdr.exr" or "masked_png.png
4. In the Inspector view Import Settings -> Texture Format (Ovveride for Android)
5. Observe that the format is "RGB(A) Compressed ASTC HDR 8x8 Block"
6. Toggle RGB/Alpha view with the icon at the bottom right, above the Preview window
7. Observe how Alpha Channel is discarded
Expected results: Alpha channel is displayed
Actual Results: The alpha channel is discarded
Reproducible in: 2021.3.29f1, 2022.3.6f1, 2023.1.5f1, 2023.2.0b1, 2023.3.0a1
Environment tested on: Windows 10
-Switch to RGBA Half to see Alpha channel working as expected
-According to the Customer 2D textures are not affected
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Crash on AudioUtil_CUSTOM_HasAudioCallback when entering PlayMode while the GameObject's Properties Inspector window is in Debug mode
- Tilemap Collider 2D is not updating the Collider shapes when removing Tiles on the Tilemap component
- Inspector with the scrollbar is unusable when Material properties are edited and the scene is saved
- The Rendering Profiler module statistics are zero when Application.targetFrameRate is set
- The Editor becomes unresponsive and memory allocation errors are spammed in the Console when Generating Lightning