Search Issue Tracker
[Addressables] OperationException errors appear when using Synchronous loading of remote AssetBundles and RetryCount
How to reproduce:
1. Download and open the attached project
2. Build Addressables by going to "Addressable Groups" > "Build" > "New Build" > "Default Build Script"
3. Open the "SampleScene" scene
4. Enter "Play" mode
5. Observe the Console window
Expected outcome: No errors appear
Actual outcome: "OperationException : Unknown error in AsyncOperation : Resource<IAssetBundleResource>" errors appear
Reproduced with: 2020.3.46f1, 2021.3.21f1, 2022.2.11f1, 2023.1.0b8, 2023.2.0a6
1. I implemented a http server to simulate the bad network condition. In this situation, synchronous loading of remote AssetBundles throws exceptions when first download failed and doesn't try to download again even RetryCount is greater than 0.
2. 1) Select 'Use Existing Build' in Addressables Groups window
2) Build Addressables
3) Open 'SampleScene.unity' and enter Play Mode
4) Observe the Console window
Expected result: There is no error in the Console window and the prefab is loaded
Actual result: There are erros in the Console window and the prefab is not loaded
5) Select 'AddressableAssetSettings.asset' and set 'Max Concurrent Web Request' to 2
6) Repeat step 2-4, note this time there is no error in the Console window and the prefab is loaded
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Filters dropdown: Window doesn't rescale on items collapse
- Sprite Preview is broken when the Sprite is too tall or too wide
- Objects are invisible in Scene view when using Wireframe Shading Mode
- Physics.Raycast does not work when used on the whole model
- Shader Graph changes the Position of Prefab instances in Play mode
Loading remote content using WaitForCompletion isn't an advised workflow. Please ensure that AssetBundles are downloaded before attempting to use WaitForCompletion on an operation involving a remote AssetBundle.