Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2022.2.X
Fixed in 2021.3.X, 2022.1.X
[Addressables] Bundles get compressed in Android builds
1. Open project "LoadingTest"
2. Build the project (Build Settings > Build)
3. Change the extension from .apk to .zip
4. Open the zip file in 7zip
5. Go to assets > aa > Android
Expected result: Both files have the Method "Store"
Actual result: Both files have the Method "Deflate"
Reproducible with: 1.19.4 (2020.3.30f1), 1.19.19 (2020.3.30f1, 2021.2.13f1, 2022.1.0b9, 2022.2.0a8)
Not reproducible with: 1.18.19 (2020.3.30f1)
Could not test with: 2019.4.36f1 (Gradle build failed)
-To test this on macOS, you can use the Terminal command "zipinfo <path_to_apk>" to check the Method
May 06, 2022 15:14
Hey, just wanted to post. This ticket is marked as "Won't Fix" since it won't be fixed by the Addressables team. This is an issue with the Android gradle in the Editor and the fix needs to go into the Editor, not the Addressables package.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- IL2CPP Player crashes when there aren't enough Thread Static Slots
- Articulation Body tree changes behavior after attaching a trigger Collider
- Fatal freeze when playing a VFX made with VFX Graph and consisting many effects
- "Failed to download Build.data.br file" error is thrown when building projects for WebGL with the Compression Format set to "Brotli"
- Documentation Link does not work when the "New Panel Settings" question mark is clicked
Resolution Note (fix version 2022.2):
Fixed in: 2022.2.0a15
Resolution Note (fix version 2022.1):
Fixed in: 2022.1.3f1
Resolution Note (fix version 2021.3):
Fixed in: 2021.3.4f1