Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2020.1.X
Additional Vertex Stream broken when painting Vertex Color
There are 3 different bugs in this report. I filed them together as the underlying code or problem might be the same. There are 3 main issues:
1. Geometry that has no additional vertex stream, will get affected if the same geometry is painted with additional vertex stream
color, even if they're on a different scene.
2. Albedo in Realtime GI is confused whenever there's geometry with Additional vertex Stream Color painted on them.
3. There are artifacts in Realtime GI results if a geometry has additional Vertex Stream color painted on them.
1. Download attached project "VertexStream_Issue.zip" and open in Unity
2. Open "VertexPaintScene_Vanilla" scene and move the light around
Note: This scene is plain vanilla - it does NOT count additional vertex streams (no painted vertexes). Also, you'll see that the scene is properly illuminated with white.
3. Open "VertextPaint_Playground" scene and move the light around
Note: Move the light around. You'll see that the scene is properly illuminated with whatever albedo the light is close too. No problem here.
4. Open "VertexPaintScene_Vanilla" scene again
Note: Observe that it has the same "stripped" albedo as the "VertextPaint_Playground" scene
5. Open "VertextPaint_Playground" scene and move the light around
Note: Observe that there are no reflections while moving the light around
6. Generate Lighting
Note: Observe that it uses the Albedo from the "VertextPaint_Playground" scene again and note how the reflections match the "stripped" colors from the "VertextPaint_Playground" scene, instead of the solid colors of the "VertextPaintScene_wAdditionalVertexStream" scene. Also, you can see artifacts on the edges of the planes
- Additional Vertex Stream color is added/painted using the VertexPanterPro add-on
- This happened on the same Unity Session
- Restarting Unity on a precomputed (RealtimeGI) looks fine, however, upon baking, everything gets messed up
Reproduced on Unity 5.6.4p3, 2017.1.2p3, 2017.2.0p2, 2017.3.0b10 and 2018.1.0a5
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Mesh.GetIndexBuffer() requires Mesh's 'Read/Write' flag to be enabled to get its index buffer data in Builds
- [Backport] [Sprite Atlas V1] Editor crashes when calling SpriteAtlasUtility.PackAtlases
- Deterministic builds have different files when built from the same project
- PlayerBuildInterface.ExtraTypesProvider no longer provides types to IL2CPP
- Touch input is reset in Device Simulator when Unity Remote is killed