Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2022.2.X
Fixed in 2021.2.X, 2022.1.X
Adding Cinemachine prod version from disk in package manager results in InvalidCastException: Specified cast is not valid.
Steps to reproduce:
1. Create a new project
2. Open Package Manager (Window -> Package Manager)
3. Click the + to open the menu to add packages
4. Select "Add package from disk..."
5. Add the attached extracted Cinemachine package from disk
Expected results: Cinemachine is successfully added to Package Manager, nothing breaks
Actual results: "InvalidCastException: Specified cast is not valid." error is produced, Package Manager UI breaks
Reproducible with: 2019.4.34f1, 2020.3.25f1, 2021.2.7f1, 2022.1.0b1
- Not all packages added this way breaks Package Manager, tried adding com.unity.ads and that worked just fine
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Long Prefab save times when using Unity 2022.2 and higher
- Console displays error "UnityException: Creating asset at path Assets/Scenes/ .scenetemplate failed." during scene template saving
- "Development Build" watermark is shown in non-development UWP release builds
- Console errors appear when the Inspector is set to Debug and a GameObject is selected
- A script public variable value is not used when set in the Inspector window