Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2019.1
Fixed in 2019.2
A Performance Issue appears when Brute Force Sorting a large amount of UI Objects with Canvas Component
How to reproduce:
1. Open the "SampleScene" Scene in the attached "New Unity Project.zip" Project
2. Click on the main "Canvas" GameObject
3. Enable the Canvas Group Component
4. Click on the "SortByName" and "SortByValue" Buttons in the Game View
5. Observe the Editor stuttering once you click on the Button
Expected Behavior: The UI Object sorting is as fast or slightly slower than without Canvas Group component enabled
Actual Behavior: The UI Object sorting is a lot slower than without Canvas Group component enabled
Reproducible with: 2019.1.0a9, 2019.1.1f1, 2019.2.0a14, 2019.3.0a1
Not reproducible with: 2017.4.26f1, 2018.3.14f1, 2019.1.0a8
Note: UIBehaviour.OnCanvasGroupChanged() is called nearly 1m times when sorting 100 UI elements. The number goes down to around 0.12m when you change the UI element counter to 50.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Crash on SceneVisibilityState when trying to open a project containing another project in the Assets folder
- Reflection probe bounces don't work when Rendering Path is set to 'Deferred'
- Shader error undeclared identifier "UNITY_TRANSFER_LIGHTING" when building project
- Shader effect with specific view disappears when multiple materials in scene are present
- Crash on ShaderLab::IntShader::CreateLocalKeywordRemap when loading custom shaders on standalone build