Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2021.2.X
A non-descriptive error is thrown when building with a Texture that has it's rectangle out of bounds
How to reproduce:
1. Open the attached project ("TextureAtlasBugrepo.zip")
2. Build And Run
Expected results: A descriptive error is thrown informing which atlas or sprite is faulty.
Actual results: A non-descriptive error is thrown
Reproducible with: 2020.2.3f1, 2021.1.0b1, 2021.2.0a2
Could not test with: 2018.4.30f1, 2019.4.18f1 (Errors downgrading)
1. In the Editor Warnings are logged for faulty textures :
"Example's rect lies (partially) outside of texture. Will not generate Sprite for this slice."
2. This error is usually thrown only the first time when building, to reproduce again delete the "Library" folder
3. This error is thrown when building both with IL2CPP and Mono
May 20, 2023 20:24
Any update on this?
I just had this issue in a new project using 2021.3.25f1
Feb 13, 2021 09:41
Any news on this?
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- [Linux] Player consumes more CPU resources when it is running in the background
- Save process is triggered every time when prefab property values are changed by dragging
- Physics.SphereCastNonAlloc is slow when the results array is large
- Colors of GameObject are changed and the background color is green when disabling the “Intensity” of “Bloom” in “Global Volume” GameObject and enabling the “Allow Dynamic Resolution” setting in Camera
- .editorconfig files are ignored when a Roslyn analyzer is running through the Editor
Resolution Note (fix version 2021.2):
A fix for this issue will be available on Unity 2022.1.0a2 and above