Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2021.2.X
A NavMesh Modifier Volume gets overridden by a NavMesh area which is further in the area list
1. Open QA attached project "repro_1078153"
2. Open scene "0"
3. Enter Play Mode
Expected: Cylinder moves over the inner NavMesh Modifier Volume which has a different Default Area than the outside of the Platform
Actual: Cylinder stays in place
Reproducible with: 2017.2.3p4, 2017.4.11f1, 2018.2.8f1, 2018.3.0b1
- Swap the Default area's of GameObject "Platform" and "NavMesh0", rebake the mesh and see that it gets colored correctly in the Scene View
Note from Unity devs: Be aware that the area type with the higher index prevails when sources overlap (be it geometry or modifiers). This detail is mentioned in the manual page for "Navigation Areas and Costs".
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- [Android 5.1] Player is stuck on splash screen when opening a specific project
- [Linux] Editor crashes at "GeometryBuffersBase::GetRuntimeMemorySize()" after a couple minutes when the Profiler window is open and recording while in Play Mode
- GameObject children move un-accordingly when moving the parent GameObject in the Scene View
- Tags remove option "-" (minus) is active even tag item isn't selected
- Returned "TimeSpan" value is 0 when the Test Runner tests have been completed