Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2021.2.X
A NavMesh Modifier Volume gets overridden by a NavMesh area which is further in the area list
1. Open QA attached project "repro_1078153"
2. Open scene "0"
3. Enter Play Mode
Expected: Cylinder moves over the inner NavMesh Modifier Volume which has a different Default Area than the outside of the Platform
Actual: Cylinder stays in place
Reproducible with: 2017.2.3p4, 2017.4.11f1, 2018.2.8f1, 2018.3.0b1
- Swap the Default area's of GameObject "Platform" and "NavMesh0", rebake the mesh and see that it gets colored correctly in the Scene View
Note from Unity devs: Be aware that the area type with the higher index prevails when sources overlap (be it geometry or modifiers). This detail is mentioned in the manual page for "Navigation Areas and Costs".
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- The script can be dragged and dropped before it is compiled
- Double clicking script field no longer opens it in the external script editor
- [Android] Build fails with built-in PAD custom asset(s) when using sample Addressable
- [iOS] nw_read_request_report crash
- The serialized field value cannot be changed when trying to set it back to "None"