Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2020.2
[2D Tilemap] ArgumentNullException error is thrown on deleting Tilemap prefab after unpacking the instance of that prefab
-ArgumentNullException error is thrown on deleting Tilemap prefab after unpacking the instance of that prefab.
-After this, the error will be thrown for any prefab deletion, if the Tile Palette window is opened.
Steps to repro:
1. Open the attached project.
2. Windows > 2D > Tile Palette.
3. Hierarchy > Select Tilemap > Right Click > Prefab > Unpack Completely..
4. Project Window > Delete Tilemap prefab.
ArgumentNullException error in thrown the console.
No error in the console.
Working Fine in:
Occurring on Windows 10 & Mac 10.15.
ArgumentNullException: Value cannot be null.
Parameter name: componentOrGameObject
UnityEditor.PrefabUtility.GetPrefabAssetType (UnityEngine.Object componentOrGameObject) (at <5951c2421c324f47883bd5ba8a4bf507>:0)
UnityEditor.GameObjectInspector.CalculatePrefabStatus () (at <5951c2421c324f47883bd5ba8a4bf507>:0)
UnityEditor.GameObjectInspector.OnForceReloadInspector () (at <5951c2421c324f47883bd5ba8a4bf507>:0)
UnityEngine.GUIUtility:ProcessEvent(Int32, IntPtr, Boolean&)
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- 'Can't add script' pop-up warns about abstract classes when dragging static classes onto GameObjects
- [Hub] Project "Remove from list" option is behind notifications when selecting the most bottom project in the list
- [Android][Vulkan] Black Screen renders on devices with Adreno 640 and Mali GPU's
- Sound/Audio is played when the VideoPlayer's attached AudioSource game object is disabled
- A Parser Failure error is thrown after importing a specific Animation file to a Unity project