Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2020.2.X
[2D Tilemap] ArgumentNullException error is thrown on deleting Tilemap prefab after unpacking the instance of that prefab
-ArgumentNullException error is thrown on deleting Tilemap prefab after unpacking the instance of that prefab.
-After this, the error will be thrown for any prefab deletion, if the Tile Palette window is opened.
Steps to repro:
1. Open the attached project.
2. Windows > 2D > Tile Palette.
3. Hierarchy > Select Tilemap > Right Click > Prefab > Unpack Completely..
4. Project Window > Delete Tilemap prefab.
ArgumentNullException error in thrown the console.
No error in the console.
Working Fine in:
Occurring on Windows 10 & Mac 10.15.
ArgumentNullException: Value cannot be null.
Parameter name: componentOrGameObject
UnityEditor.PrefabUtility.GetPrefabAssetType (UnityEngine.Object componentOrGameObject) (at <5951c2421c324f47883bd5ba8a4bf507>:0)
UnityEditor.GameObjectInspector.CalculatePrefabStatus () (at <5951c2421c324f47883bd5ba8a4bf507>:0)
UnityEditor.GameObjectInspector.OnForceReloadInspector () (at <5951c2421c324f47883bd5ba8a4bf507>:0)
UnityEngine.GUIUtility:ProcessEvent(Int32, IntPtr, Boolean&)
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- [UI] Color picker tool is stuck in the pixel sampling stage
- Unity 2019.4 opens the manual and scripting reference for 2020.3
- [Mac] Script recompilation window shows up but doesn't recompile scripts after focusing unity by clicking on the system tabs
- 'View documentation' doesn't open an offline documentation when the package is added from a local disk
- Public variable's value is unable to be changed when it's above a CustomPropertyDrawer field