Search Issue Tracker
Postponed means that the issue was either a feature request or something that requires major refactoring on our side. Since that makes the issue not actionable in the close future we choose to close it as Postponed and add it on our internal roadmaps and technical debt pages instead.
[2019.3] GUIView.RepaintAll.PlayerLoopController performance regression when in Play mode
1. Open the attached project named "PerformanceCase"
2. Open the Classic_E01_F08 Scene
3. Open the Profiler window and select Editor profiling
4. Enter Play mode
5. Observe the GUIView.RepaintAll.PlayerLoopController in the Profiler
Expected result: GUIView.RepaintAll.PlayerLoopController takes roughly the same amount of time as in 2018.4/2019.2(~40ms on the testing machine)
Actual result: GUIView.RepaintAll.PlayerLoopController takes way more time to complete(~150ms on the testing machine)
Reproducible with: 2019.3.0a1, 2019.3.0f1
Not reproducible with 2019.1.9f1, 2019.2.15f1, 2020.1.0a15
-May not reproduce on all machines
Aug 26, 2021 11:05
Why is this postponed? I can barely test my game in the editor because of this problem, i have to compile it if i want to do some serious testing and that takes forever! In the editor, because of this It causes my inputs to freeze. It has been happening since i upgraded to 2020.3 and it's even still a problem in 2021.1
It was never a problem in versions before 2020.3
Aug 11, 2021 00:35
this almost makes unity unusable. just moving my mouse is causing the repainting message to popup and is preventing me from working. i have a 16core processer with 64gb ram and 12gb of video ram and the unity editor appears to be only be working on one core? I'm using the latest (as of today) 2020.3.15f2 and this is greatly ill effecting my productivity.
Sep 15, 2020 23:42
It's still reproducible in Unity 2020.1.4f when attaching a debugger like VS Code.
Apr 05, 2020 04:19
Yeah, I've noticed this as well in 2020.1b4 - it's just as bad, maybe even a little worse.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- NullReferenceException error thrown when changing Scenes in Play Mode
- Crash on "'anonymous namespace'::ConvertFBXShapes" when importing an FBX file
- Crash on Transform::RemoveFromParent when Object.DestroyImmediate() is called on Transform
- [Linux] Player consumes more CPU resources when it is running in the background
- Save process is triggered every time when prefab property values are changed by dragging
Resolution Note (2020.1.X):
The Profiler Window UI requires major overhaul to cope with new UIElements layout/repaint events.
This will be done in future releases.