Search Issue Tracker
2018.2 Performance regression in BehaviourManager::Update
We are seeing a 15% performance drop on Windows standalone in some scenarios between 2018.1 and 2018.2.
1. Download attached repro project
2. Run it on Windows Standalone player
3. Compare performance on 2018.1.0f1 and 2018.2.0b1.
2018.2.0b1 renders 25898 frames in 60 seconds. 2018.1 renders the same amount of frames in 51.788 seconds, which is whole 8.212 seconds (15.8%) faster. Out of that slowdown, BehaviourManager::Update contributes a significant amount of time:
2018.1.0f1: 5563 ms
2018.2.0b1: 8017 ms
Delta: 2454 ms
Note, these measurements were taken after profiling the parent case, and split the bug in several smaller bugs because scripting is not the only area that got slower. The absolute timings will be different depending on the machine, but the performance decrease in percentage should be similar.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- SHADERPASS has incorrect value when using Shader Graph for Built-In target
- [VFX] Gizmo still incorrectly rendered for a hidden property
- Nested object label indentation is incorrect when using the UI Toolkit Inspector
- Crash on tlsf_free when UI Elements are moved to the side by scrolling
- Setting VideoPlayer.time and pausing results in incorrect player.frame values