Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2022.2.X
Fixed in 2019.4.X, 2020.3.X, 2021.3.X, 2022.1.X
Coverage API includes 0xFEEFEE sequence point
Steps to reproduce:
1. Open "sequence-points-issue.zip" project
2. Once project opens, reimport Assets/DataLayer/ISSUE.cs script or switch to another platform (this step ensures that assemblies get recompiled for issue to be reproducible)
3. Click Test/Write Coverage Stats menu item
4. In Console, inspect printed log:
Method: GetJsonProcessor, Line: 6, IL Offset: 0
Method: GetJsonProcessor, Line: 7, IL Offset: 1
Method: GetJsonProcessor, Line: 16707566, IL Offset: 11
Method: GetJsonProcessor, Line: 7, IL Offset: 14
Method: GetJsonProcessor, Line: 8, IL Offset: 25
Method: GetJsonProcessor, Line: 9, IL Offset: 34
5. Notice that 3rd sequence point references 16707566th line. GetJsonProcessor() method only spans from line 6 to line 9 so that sequence point is incorrect and should not exist.
This issue only happens when assembly contains a class which derives from Multiplayer HLAPI's MethodBase class.
0xFEEFEE sequence points also cause Report Generator used by Code Coverage package to consume a lot of memory and fail or spend much more time generating report.
Reproduce with: 2019.4.28f1, 2020.3.21f1
Not reproducible: 2021.2.0b17, 2022.1.0a12 (HLAPI Package doesn't exist in these versions)
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Sprite Preview is broken when the Sprite is too tall or too wide
- Objects are invisible in Scene view when using Wireframe Shading Mode
- The property of a component becomes read-only when it is bound to "PropertyStreamHandle"
- Physics.Raycast does not work when used on the whole model
- Shader Graph changes the Position of Prefab instances in Play mode