Search Issue Tracker
Found in [Package]
[XR][Quest] Significant increase in async scene loading
1. Open attached project from link in edit
2. Build and Run on Quest
The app loads relatively slower to the splash screen and stalls for a few seconds after the splash screen
3. Press "Skip" in the app or follow the steps of running through the app from the video "LoadingDemoandComparison" in the edit
Actual: The loading times between scenes is significantly longer comparing to 2020.2.0a13 and below
Reproducible with: 2020.2.0a14, 2020.2.0a16
Not reproducible with: 2020.2.0a13
This issue is a duplicate of https://issuetracker.unity3d.com/issues/android-launch-times-increased-x4-from-urp-8-dot-1-0-to-urp-10-dot-0-0-preview-dot-26. The fix is in URP 10.1.0-preview.17 when using 2020.2.
Additionally I have verified that load times are under 5 seconds using:
- Unity build leading up to 2020.2.0b8 (2020.2/staging 67d248a00ebc)
- URP build leading up to 10.1 (Graphics master d417d3d)
- simplified repro project from bug 1256947
Nov 01, 2020 11:47
*Still an issue on 2020.2.0b7 - not using URP (not explicitly)
Nov 01, 2020 11:44
2020.2.0b Still an issue.
A major one (scene loading went from one second to maybe 10s).
Sep 23, 2020 08:08
Sep 10, 2020 10:35
Possibly fixed when this issue is resolved https://issuetracker.unity3d.com/issues/xr-quest-significant-increase-in-async-scene-loading?_ga=2.260998404.864603206.1593435964-1770994880.1575461548
Jul 20, 2020 10:17
Is this still an issue in 2020.2.0a18?
Jun 29, 2020 18:01
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Shadows don't update when the Cascade Count is set to 1
- "alphaHitTestMinimumThreshold" sometimes doesn't hit the Image when the Image Type is Sliced or Tiled
- Input Field ignores first keyboard input when calling Focus() from code
- GC Alloc when using Graphics.RenderMeshInstanced
- [VFX Graph][URP] VFX crashes on URP when dragging VFX asset to the Hierarchy window
This is a duplicate of issue #1269119