Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 0.10.0-preview.1
Found in [Package]
[XR Interaction Toolkit] Custom reticle flickers when interacting with UI
1. Open attached project
2. Build and Run on Quest
3. Point the left controller which has a mesh based reticle to UI
Actual: The reticle is flickering
Reproducible with: XR Interaction Toolkit preview - 0.9.4
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- TreeView Child display toggle styling becomes reversed when clicking and dragging it
- Null is returned when using FocusOutEvent.relatedTarget
- Unity_BaseInstanceID is always zero when rendering multiple meshes and instancing with the same buffer
- UI Document button's text does not resize relatively when size in percentage (%) is used
- Event.current.mousePosition has an offset of 1px along the y-axis in WebGL build when the mouse button is released
Resolution Note (fix version 0.10.0-preview.1):
In the repro project provided, because the reticle was a child of the LeftHand Controller, and the XRController has tracking type for Update and OnBeforeRender, the position of the controller would update again after the reticle position was updated during Update. This would cause the reticle position to sometimes be behind the UI Canvas, causing the flicker. In the new version of the package, XRInteractorLineVisual updates during OnBeforeRender after the controller position is updated, correcting the problem.
The issue will be fixed by upgrading to version 0.10 of the XR Interaction Toolkit package. As a workaround if updating is not possible, the Reticle GameObject can be reparented to the root level of the scene so it is not a child of the controller.