Search Issue Tracker
[WWW][iOS] WWW.texture takes up more memory in Unity 2017 compared to 5.6
Steps to reproduce:
1. Download the projects for 5.6 and 2017 versions
2. Build each of them and deploy to an iOS device (developer mode with "Autoconnect Profiler" should be enabled)
3. In Unity under "Profiler" window, select device the build is running on under "Active Profiler"
4. Check the detailed memory usage
5.6 - 23.1MB of ram used, Scene Memory takes up 8.8MB, out of which Texture2D - 8.8MB
2017.3 - 35.7MB of ram used, Scene Memory takes up 11.6MB, out of which Texture2D - 11.1MB
Reproduced with: Unity 2017.1.2p1, 2017.2.0p1, 2017.3.0b9
Reproduced on: iPad 3 Mini, iOS 10.3.2
Note: UnityWebRequest uses the same amount of memory in 5.6 and 2017 versions.
Issue will not be fixed: Since this issue does not reproduce using UnityWebRequest, it won't be fixed, please use UnityWebRequest.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Rendering is broken with UIToolkit with many Intel GPUs (driver-bug)
- [Vulkan] Crash in Windows Standalone when Vulkan is set as rendering API and player window is out of focus
- "Can't destroy Transform component" Error is thrown when closing a scene that contains a DontSave Prefab with a Child
- [Particle System] Editor freezes when assigning a nested Particle System in the Sub Emitter Module
- Unable to switch to different material when selecting another material from Asset selector window on Particle System Material