Search Issue Tracker
[WWW][iOS] WWW.texture takes up more memory in Unity 2017 compared to 5.6
Steps to reproduce:
1. Download the projects for 5.6 and 2017 versions
2. Build each of them and deploy to an iOS device (developer mode with "Autoconnect Profiler" should be enabled)
3. In Unity under "Profiler" window, select device the build is running on under "Active Profiler"
4. Check the detailed memory usage
5.6 - 23.1MB of ram used, Scene Memory takes up 8.8MB, out of which Texture2D - 8.8MB
2017.3 - 35.7MB of ram used, Scene Memory takes up 11.6MB, out of which Texture2D - 11.1MB
Reproduced with: Unity 2017.1.2p1, 2017.2.0p1, 2017.3.0b9
Reproduced on: iPad 3 Mini, iOS 10.3.2
Note: UnityWebRequest uses the same amount of memory in 5.6 and 2017 versions.
Issue will not be fixed: Since this issue does not reproduce using UnityWebRequest, it won't be fixed, please use UnityWebRequest.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- 'Can't add script' pop-up warns about abstract classes when dragging static classes onto GameObjects
- [Hub] Project "Remove from list" option is behind notifications when selecting the most bottom project in the list
- [Android][Vulkan] Black Screen renders on devices with Adreno 640 and Mali GPU's
- Sound/Audio is played when the VideoPlayer's attached AudioSource game object is disabled
- Editor crashes on GenerateSharedVerticesIndexList when importing .3ds file