Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 5.5.2
Creating a sprite from a texture accesses out of bounds array
Steps to reproduce:
1. Open attached project "SpriteTest.zip"
2. Add "Test" scene to build settings and build WSA Universal 10 SDK
3. Open VS solution
4. Deploy on local machine and close application
5. Move "test.png" and "valid.png" from Assets folder to "C:\Users\[User]\AppData\Local\Packages\[AppName]\LocalState\"
6. Run the player
7. Press "Button"
Result: Player crashes when trying to create Sprite from a texture ("test.png")
8. Open attached project "SpriteTest.zip"
9. Open "ReadTexture.cs" and change "string sprite" value to "valid.txt" (line 13)
10. Repeat steps 2-7
Result: Sprite is created from a texture ("valid.png")
Expected behavior: Sprite is created from a texture ("test.png")
Reproducible with: 5.3.1f1, 5.4.3p3, 5.5.0p1, 5.6.0b1
Also see attached Callstack
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Live Profiler Timeline keeps losing frame data while scrolling inside Profiler window
- Input.mouseScrollDelta.y is not correctly mapped to mouse wheel when running an iOS app on Apple Silicon Mac
- PrntScreen (Snapshot) key is not working on UWP on both old and new input systems
- Show compiled code for compute shaders has the "Cancel" button greyed out
- Realtime direct lighting is missing on dynamic objects under when using Shadowmask or Subtractive lighting mode(s)