Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in Unity 5.5.2
Creating a sprite from a texture accesses out of bounds array
Steps to reproduce:
1. Open attached project "SpriteTest.zip"
2. Add "Test" scene to build settings and build WSA Universal 10 SDK
3. Open VS solution
4. Deploy on local machine and close application
5. Move "test.png" and "valid.png" from Assets folder to "C:\Users\[User]\AppData\Local\Packages\[AppName]\LocalState\"
6. Run the player
7. Press "Button"
Result: Player crashes when trying to create Sprite from a texture ("test.png")
8. Open attached project "SpriteTest.zip"
9. Open "ReadTexture.cs" and change "string sprite" value to "valid.txt" (line 13)
10. Repeat steps 2-7
Result: Sprite is created from a texture ("valid.png")
Expected behavior: Sprite is created from a texture ("test.png")
Reproducible with: 5.3.1f1, 5.4.3p3, 5.5.0p1, 5.6.0b1
Also see attached Callstack
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- [Presets] DefaultInpector type needs to be blacklisted
- Default Inspector Header is shown when double clicking on a scene
- [LWRP] Base map is missing on some materials after upgrading LWRP package
- Metal error when using subsurface scattering in HDRP
- gameObject.SendMessage doesn't accept value as a function argument correctly in the .NET 4.x Scripting Runtime