Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 5.5.2
Creating a sprite from a texture accesses out of bounds array
Steps to reproduce:
1. Open attached project "SpriteTest.zip"
2. Add "Test" scene to build settings and build WSA Universal 10 SDK
3. Open VS solution
4. Deploy on local machine and close application
5. Move "test.png" and "valid.png" from Assets folder to "C:\Users\[User]\AppData\Local\Packages\[AppName]\LocalState\"
6. Run the player
7. Press "Button"
Result: Player crashes when trying to create Sprite from a texture ("test.png")
8. Open attached project "SpriteTest.zip"
9. Open "ReadTexture.cs" and change "string sprite" value to "valid.txt" (line 13)
10. Repeat steps 2-7
Result: Sprite is created from a texture ("valid.png")
Expected behavior: Sprite is created from a texture ("test.png")
Reproducible with: 5.3.1f1, 5.4.3p3, 5.5.0p1, 5.6.0b1
Also see attached Callstack
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Standard Unity Materials and Shaders become corrupted after importing specific Asset Packages
- [Linux][OpenGL][Vulkan] Draw calls are not shown in the Event List when taking a capture of a frame with RenderDoc
- Inaccurate collision detections when Rigidbody Collision Detection is set to "Continuous" or "Continuous Dynamic"
- Crash on Object::IncrementPersistentDirtyIndex when upgrading project version
- [iOS] Multiple Xcode project instances created before opens up when performing Build and Run for iOS Platform