Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2020.1.X
Fixed in 2018.4.X, 2019.2.X, 2019.3.X
WorldCollision crashes when spawning particles with World Collision enabled
1. Download project from the link and open in Unity
2. Open "SampleScene" scene
3. Drag and Drop "ExplosionTomakHighQuality.prefab" into a Scene
Expected Result: Unity Editor successfully plays a Particle System
Actual Result: Unity Editor crashes
- This issue appears on both Windows and macOS
- The Stack trace and link to the Project are shared in the Comments section
- Workaround: As soon as you remove the two Sub Emitter entries from the Parent particle effect the crash disappears
Reproduced on Unity 2018.4.4f1, 2018.4.6f1, 2019.1.14f1, 2019.2.1f1 and 2019.3.0a11
Not reproduced on Unity 2018.3.14f1 and 2018.4.3f1
Regression on Unity 2018.4.4f1
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- deadlock in AssetDatabase_AcceleratorClient_Scheduling.ScheduledRequest_Status_InProgress
- Texture Compression settings on Android and WebGL Platforms are reset to default when building the project using a script
- Camera active Texture is not written if another camera has a Script using "OnRenderImage"
- The Camera's background color is white when the device Appearance is "Light Mode"
- Some GameObjects ignore the Default Parent when creating them in the Hierarchy