Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2019.3.X
World scale of the child GameObject is not properly computed when parent GameObject has rotation applied
Steps to reproduce:
1. Open user attached project
2. Open the scene provided
3. Drag and drop the object "CubeToMove" as a child of Cylinder
Expected result: "CubeToMove" GameObject world scale stays the same.
Actual result: The world scale of the GameObject is stretched in the Z axis.
Reproduced in: 2017.4.16f1, 2018.1.9f2, 2018.2.17f1, 2018.3.0b11, 2019.1.0a10
1. If you do the same operation without rotation, the cube keeps it's world scale as expected.
2. If you repeat step 3 (unparent "CubeToMove" from "Cylinder" and then parent it again) " CubeToMove" GameObject keeps expanding. (Video 2 attached)
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Scene is brighter in Standalone player if it was open in the Editor at build time
- [Android] APP becomes unresponsive and crashes with ANR errors
- Replace no longer replaces when using incremental pipeline
- [LightProbes] Individual light probe gizmos are no longer visible
- Input.GetKey() returns true for Alt key after Alt+Tabbing and reopening Build during Coroutine