Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2019.3
World scale of the child GameObject is not properly computed when parent GameObject has rotation applied
Steps to reproduce:
1. Open user attached project
2. Open the scene provided
3. Drag and drop the object "CubeToMove" as a child of Cylinder
Expected result: "CubeToMove" GameObject world scale stays the same.
Actual result: The world scale of the GameObject is stretched in the Z axis.
Reproduced in: 2017.4.16f1, 2018.1.9f2, 2018.2.17f1, 2018.3.0b11, 2019.1.0a10
1. If you do the same operation without rotation, the cube keeps it's world scale as expected.
2. If you repeat step 3 (unparent "CubeToMove" from "Cylinder" and then parent it again) " CubeToMove" GameObject keeps expanding. (Video 2 attached)
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Terrain inspector is proposing a shader which isn't there
- Warnings are missing when compiling for certain platforms (opengl)
- Scaling problem with PanelSetting set to ScaleWithScreen/Expand
- [Hub] Editor is shown in the "Installing" state indefinitely when the installation fails due to INVALID_DESTINATION error
- IL2CPP: Nested Try-Catch and Throw statement results in incorrect behaviour