Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 5.4.1
[GPUProfiler] "!query->pending" errors when doing GPU profiling of Windows standalone in 5.4/5.3
Steps to reproduce:
1. Open Unity on Windows (DX11 mode);
2. Create new project or open attached one;
3. Go to Build Settings (File -> Build Settings);
4. Switch platform to PC, Mac & Linux Standalone;
5. Check 'Development Build' and 'Autoconnect Profiler' options;
6. Build&Run the project;
7. When scene loads switch to opened Profiler window;
8. Choose Add Profiler -> GPU;
9. Observe Editor console.
Weird uninformative errors are spammed to the console when adding GPU profiler:
See attached screenshot and gif video.
Same errors are thrown in Editor when exiting Play with GPU profiler enabled after having received the following error firstly in Standalone build.
Regression introduced somewhere between 5.3.0a3 and 5.3.0b6.
"!query->pending" errors should not be displayed when adding GPU profiler.
- Reproduces in 5.4.0b4, 5.3.0f3 and 5.2.0f3, 5.3.0b6;
- Doesn't repro in 5.3.0a3;
- Doesn't repro in OSX 10.11.3 and Windows in GLCore mode. In this case message telling that graphics driver doesn't support GPU profiling is displayed;
- The issue may be GPU hardware-related (getting repro on GeForce 640M).
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Sprite Preview is broken when the Sprite is too tall or too wide
- Objects are invisible in Scene view when using Wireframe Shading Mode
- The property of a component becomes read-only when it is bound to "PropertyStreamHandle"
- Physics.Raycast does not work when used on the whole model
- Shader Graph changes the Position of Prefab instances in Play mode
Nov 10, 2016 17:27
I'm getting the same with Radeon R7 200. Seems like this is hardware issue with some AMD cards.
Oct 27, 2016 02:15
unity 5.4.0f3-HTP,and UWP platform.
still get this error when add GPU profiler
Sep 09, 2016 02:37
I'm seeing this is Unity 5.4 with a Radeon 7850.
May 09, 2016 08:12
The problem was already reported back in 2014. Since then, there was never a word by Unity staff. At least, reading your description, I have learned that disabling the GPU profiler makes it go away. Really, with that major bug and so many inaccuracies going on in the GPU profiler, it shouldn't really be considered anything more than a tool in very early beta version.