Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2020.1
[Windows] Memory leak on .Net 4.x and x86 builds
1. Download attached project "MemoryUsage.zip" and open in Unity
2. Open "SampleScene" scene
3. Enter Play mode
4. Observe that Memory usage is within 200 MB
5. Exit Play mode
6. Change Scripting Runtime Version to ".NET 3.5 Equivalent" and Scripting Backend to "Mono"
7. Set Target Platform to "Windows" and Architecture to "x86_64"
8. Build And Run
9. Observe that Memory usage is within 200 MB
10. Set Architecture to "x86"
11. Build And Run
12. Observe that Memory usage is within 200 MB
13. Change Scripting Runtime Version to ".NET 4.x Equivalent"
14. Set Architecture to "x86_64"
15. Build And Run
16. Observe that Memory usage is within 200 MB
17. Set Architecture to "x86"
18. Build And Run
Expected result: You will see that Memory usage is still within 200 MB
Actual result: You will see that Memory usage allocates up to 3GB until it produces "out of memory" exceptions
- This issue reproduces only on Windows
- If you set Scripting Backend to "IL2CPP" and Architecture to "x86", the build will crash
Reproduced on Unity 2017.1.4p2, 2017.2.3p2, 2017.3.2f1, 2017.4.6f1, 2018.1.7f1, 2018.2.0b11 and 2018.3.0a3
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- [Scene View] Gizmos dropdown disappears while toggling Windzone checkbox with its tooltip open
- Crash in StackAllocator::TryDeallocate when calling ParticleSystemRenderer.BakeMesh
- Modifying scoped registries in project manifest does not update Package Manager UI window
- Models change their position in scene when upgrading project
- Texture 'Read/Write' option does not double the memory in Profiler