Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2020.2.X
[Windows] Editor window is no longer maximized when changing or resetting the layout
How to reproduce:
1. Create a new Unity project
2. Make sure Editor window is maximized
3. Change the Layout, or click on Layout -> "Revert Factory Settings"
Expected results: Layout is changed, Editor window is still maximized
Actual results: Layout is changed, however, Editor window is no longer maximized
Reproducible with: 2019.3.0a12, 2019.3.0b1, 2020.1.0a2
Not reproducible with: 2017.4.32f1, 2018.4.8f1, 2019.3.0a11
Additional note: An Editor window always resets to the size it had before becoming maximized.
Apr 15, 2020 14:41
I realize this is minor functionality when compared to the actual engine and people might consider this insignificant but it's high on the annoying factor for those of us that have a dozen layouts fit for purpose and have to keep doing that extra click when changing. This was introduced at some point in the 2019 product and it's been 8 months. Not sure why this can't just get fixed as I would consider it probably a minor change and should be easy to find and fix.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Containers' height doesn't expand when text wraps
- Variable is set to a different value from the selected enum value in the Editor dropdown
- TreeView Child display toggle styling becomes reversed when clicking and dragging it
- Null is returned when using FocusOutEvent.relatedTarget
- Unity_BaseInstanceID is always zero when rendering multiple meshes and instancing with the same buffer
Resolution Note (fix version 2020.2):
Fixed in 2020.2.0a12