Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in Unity 2019.1
[Windows] Editor uses OS locale settings (i.e. commas instead of dots in float inspector fields) with Experimental .NET 4.6
Setting the Project to use the new Experimental .NET 4.6 support apparently results in the Editor using the OS's Locale for formatting. In case of a non-English Locale this results in a mixed English/non-English Editor experience, specifically noticeable when commas are used for decimal separation.
Steps to reproduce:
1. [Change Locale setting to non-English]
a) Open Start menu and type Region
b) In an opened window select Formats tab
c) Select any non-English format, that uses commas instead of dots for decimal separation (for example, German (Germany))
d) Apply, close the window
2. Open attached project "Locale bug.zip"
3. Open scene "test" and select "RandomObject" from Hierarchy
4. Take a look at Component "Number Test"
Expected behavior: for float number "Random float" dots are used for decimal separation.
Actual behavior: for float number "Random float" commas are used for decimal separation.
Reproduced with: 2017.2.0b2, 2017.1.0f3.
Not reproduced with: 5.6 (no Experimental .NET 4.6 feature).
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- [Hub] Two identical HDRP templates are shown in new project creation when selecting 2019.1.8f1 or 2019.1.7f1 version
- (Asset DB v1) Deleted Metadata is re-imported based on asset (as opposed to on default behaviour) created off
- [GraphView] Nodes are displayed white on Linux
- Serialized bodyMask property appends to itself with each reimport if clipAnimations is modified in OnPostProcess
- [Interactions] Some Interactions don't have the correct startTime, time and duration in callbackContext.