Search Issue Tracker
Postponed means that the issue was either a feature request or something that requires major refactoring on our side. Since that makes the issue not actionable in the close future we choose to close it as Postponed and add it on our internal roadmaps and technical debt pages instead.
Windows Editor: Inspector dropdown list doesn't scroll with mouse wheel
-e: when you have a long list of items scrolling them with the arrows takes way longer than mouse wheel does. works fine in mac editor
--start windows editor
--import attached package
--open Windows > My Window
--click the dropdown list
--try to scroll with the mouse wheel
--NOTICE it doesn't work
--scroll using the down arrow
--notice how slow that goes
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- [HDRP] Decal Projector with layer mask "nothing" doesn't affect transparent objects when Decal Layers are disabled in frame settings
- "MonoBehaviour.OnApplicationQuit" is still called when quitting is canceled by “Application.wantsToQuit“ returning false
- [2D SG/VFX] Surface options are not shown in Output Inspector when 2D Sprite SG is assigned to VFX
- Collisions are incorrectly registered when setting a joint motor every frame causes
- Terrain shadows flicker while moving the Camera in the Player when Terrain contains GPU instanced materials
Dec 02, 2022 20:12
Still the case and the excuse that it can't be fixed is rather odd unfortunately. If the Windows OS handles it poorly, replace it with your own dropdown system? That's what other apps like Blender too. Would be great if it could still be added as a possible fix, thanks.
Oct 26, 2022 03:25
Tortuap could you walk through how to add the script into the project? I'm having this issue with the animation dropdown list, so I added the script into the Editor folder, but it still doesn't allow me to scroll.
Jan 18, 2022 15:01
You might want to add this to your project :
It will replace classic enum drop down with a dropt down list that scroll with mouse, and that also have a search field. Top notch.
Aug 22, 2021 22:16
idk what caused it, it started happening to me a couple of days ago, I finally managed to fix it by:
1) Closing Unity
2) Back up the "Library" folder inside your project
3) Delete it
4) Load your project and wait for it to generate the folder again
4.2) It'll show a lot of nullException errors in the console and the scene and game windows will apear empty, don't worry
5) Close Unity
6) Paste the backed up Library folder inside your project and replace everything when it asks
7) Load your project again, and everything will be fixed, no errors, all the windows normal again, and the inspector has a scrool bar again!, everything is fixed.
Hope this helps someone that sees this in the future, I had been very annoyed with this bug.
Aug 16, 2021 21:50
Thanks Mookana, that works. You can also wrap around from the top to bottom this way. You can also type the first letter multiple times to navigate, only works well if the first letter isn't super common.
This needs to be fixed..
Jan 28, 2021 03:33
ok bois, i figured out a small workaround that might help some of you while waiting for this to get fixed. when trying to scroll down a large enum dropdown, mouseover an item and then hold the DOWN/UP arrow on your keyboard to do a rapid scroll. press enter to choose the item.
Jan 23, 2021 16:37
Unhappy to report, still there in the 2020.1.7f1 version.
May 27, 2020 10:33
This issue is present in Unity 2019.3, five years later! It's very annoying.
May 21, 2020 04:37
This is annoying that this has existed since 4.3. There is no scroll, and what's more, if you have a large list you have to click down 200 times. It doesn't remember the previous position or start on where the current option is. It doesn't allow you to display it in multiple rows. It's completely useless.
Apr 17, 2019 09:51
Workaround: use an autoclicker, either for the arrow keys, or for mouse clicks while cursor is on the arrow icon in the dropdown.