Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in Unity 5.6.0
When the Particle System has PointLight setting and it comes out of camera frustum area, the Particle System Light doesn't light
1. Open the attached file;
2. Open the scene 'TestOffScreenLightParticle';
3. Change Main Camera Rotation of X or Y axis;
4. Observe changes in Game window;
Actual result: the Point Light doesn't light when it comes out of camera frustum area.
Expected result: the Point Light should light.
Workaround: When the Point Light is a separate gameobject, everything works correctly (PointLight.gif). But the issue happens when the Point Light is set in the Particle System (ParticleSystemLight.gif).
Reproduced with: 5.5.0b1, 5.5.0f1, 5.5.0f3, 5.6.0a6
Not reproducible in older Unity versions than 5.5.0b1 because the Particle System doesn't have Light settings.
Also, not reproducible in 5.6.0b1 because the Point Light Intensity settings are different in this version.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Crash on GC_push_stack_for when using Profiler and Profiler.BeginThreadProfiling
- "Open Download Page" button in UWP build window links to a dead link
- Crash when reloading shader
- Cancelling the import of a package doesn't let you simply cancel the import, only continue or close the whole Editor
- RawImage creates error message Assertion failed on expression: 'texture->GetDimension() == kTexDi when using 2D Array Textures