Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in Unity 5.6.0
When the Particle System has PointLight setting and it comes out of camera frustum area, the Particle System Light doesn't light
1. Open the attached file;
2. Open the scene 'TestOffScreenLightParticle';
3. Change Main Camera Rotation of X or Y axis;
4. Observe changes in Game window;
Actual result: the Point Light doesn't light when it comes out of camera frustum area.
Expected result: the Point Light should light.
Workaround: When the Point Light is a separate gameobject, everything works correctly (PointLight.gif). But the issue happens when the Point Light is set in the Particle System (ParticleSystemLight.gif).
Reproduced with: 5.5.0b1, 5.5.0f1, 5.5.0f3, 5.6.0a6
Not reproducible in older Unity versions than 5.5.0b1 because the Particle System doesn't have Light settings.
Also, not reproducible in 5.6.0b1 because the Point Light Intensity settings are different in this version.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- [OSX][Settings] When using only the new ISX as Input Handling, mouse position and scroll are still detected by the old system.
- [Scripting] Input Action fails to re-enable after disabled.
- [MacOS] "Bloom" does not work in Standalone Build
- Mesh.CombineMeshes result has different normals if the original mesh has tweaked normals and scale
- [Hub] In licence error screen https://unity3d.com/unity/err/license redirects to not found website