Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in Unity 5.6.0
When the Particle System has PointLight setting and it comes out of camera frustum area, the Particle System Light doesn't light
1. Open the attached file;
2. Open the scene 'TestOffScreenLightParticle';
3. Change Main Camera Rotation of X or Y axis;
4. Observe changes in Game window;
Actual result: the Point Light doesn't light when it comes out of camera frustum area.
Expected result: the Point Light should light.
Workaround: When the Point Light is a separate gameobject, everything works correctly (PointLight.gif). But the issue happens when the Point Light is set in the Particle System (ParticleSystemLight.gif).
Reproduced with: 5.5.0b1, 5.5.0f1, 5.5.0f3, 5.6.0a6
Not reproducible in older Unity versions than 5.5.0b1 because the Particle System doesn't have Light settings.
Also, not reproducible in 5.6.0b1 because the Point Light Intensity settings are different in this version.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- LightingData for additively loaded scenes baked together is much bigger than for a single scene with same geometry
- [DrawMeshInstancedIndirect] ComputeBuffer set to MaterialPropertyBlock doesn't take effect when drawing a mesh
- MergePrefabInstance crash when reimporting assets from Assets Store
- 100% reproducible crash on drag and drop on Windows
- Physics2D.Distance returns incorrect distance between colliders