Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2018.2.X
Fixed in 2017.2.X, 2017.3.X, 2017.4.X, 2018.1.X
When a Mesh is assigned to a SkinnedMeshRenderer with a Cloth component attached, the Cloth loses its constraints if it's active
How to reproduce:
1. Download attached project file and open "Scene" Scene
2. Enter Play Mode (observe how while the 'ClothCopier-Works' example shows a cloth that sways in place, the 'ClothCopier-Doesntwork' example flies away since it doesn't have any constraints)
Actual result: Replacing the instantiated mesh into the SkinnedMeshRenderer, the associated Cloth component loses all its coefficients, but only if it's enabled at the time. Disabling the GameObject (or the Cloth component) before the new mesh is assigned keeps the coefficients around
Reproduced with: 2017.1.2p2, 2017.2.0p1, 2017.3.0b8, 2018.1.0a2
Not reproduced with: 5.5.5.f1, 5.6.4p2
Regression since: 2017.1
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- [URP] Exceeding the platform's supported light limit gives shadow distortion when using Deferred Rendering Path
- URP Sample Buffer Image Tile is moved when the Offset Value is changed
- Static constructor in a struct returns false when running tests with IL2CPP
- Console throws warnings and a MissingReferenceException error for XR packages when doing a clean project import
- [Linux][IL2CPP] Dedicated server crashes when calling Socket.Send
Mar 22, 2018 04:38
*bump* Any fix in 2017.2?
Feb 26, 2018 07:29
See this is now fixed in future release - any indication which release?
Dec 22, 2017 01:09
Any ETA on when this is likely to be fixed?