Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2018.2.X
Fixed in 2017.3.X, 2018.1.X
[WebGl][Tilemap] Tilemap.SetTile does not set the tile on WebGl build
Steps to reproduce:
1. Open user attached project
2. Play the scene notice that the tile generated by code appears
3. Make a WebGL build and run it
4. Notice that the tile generated by code does not appear
Expected result: setting tiles through code should work on WebGL builds
Reproduced in: 2018.1.0a3, 2017.3.0b8, 2017.2.0p1, 2017.2.0b1
Does not reproduce on Windows & OSX
Tested in: Chrome 61.0, Firefox 56.0
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Long Prefab save times when using Unity 2022.2 and higher
- Console displays error "UnityException: Creating asset at path Assets/Scenes/ .scenetemplate failed." during scene template saving
- "Development Build" watermark is shown in non-development UWP release builds
- Console errors appear when the Inspector is set to Debug and a GameObject is selected
- A script public variable value is not used when set in the Inspector window
Jan 05, 2018 13:29
I can confirm this issue also appears on 2017.3.f3. The tile doesn't just "not appear". SetTIle throws an error. NullReferenceException: A null (value was found where an object instance was required.)
My stack trace shows that it breaks within SetTile -> InvokeRefreshTile -> UpdateTileAsset
It is a critical error for me because now I have to replace the entire tilesystem while the deadline for my game is just around the corner. If you mentioned this problem in the Release notes I wouldn't have wasted so much time and went with some other tile system implementation.
Jan 02, 2018 20:15
Yes, we are having the same issue on iOS. The tile is visible in the Unity Editor but it does NOT show up on the phone. We are running Unity 2017.3.0f3. I wonder if we should submit a new issue for iOS specifically since this issue is tagged for WebGL?
Jan 01, 2018 22:03
Does anyone know a workaround for this? Severity 3 supposedly means a workaround is possible but I can't find one.
Dec 23, 2017 04:01
This is also happening on iOS builds for me. Is it the same issue?
Dec 09, 2017 05:25
I can confirm that it reproduces on MacOS (High Sierra).
Nov 26, 2017 05:45
The same thing is happening to me. It's a critical bug because it makes the tilemap unusable in WebGL.