Search Issue Tracker
Third Party Issue
WebGL Player builds are running extremely slow when using WebCam Textures
How to reproduce:
1. Open the attached project "WebGLPerformanceTest.zip"
2. Open the "demoScene_free" Scene
3. Switch to the WebGL platform (File > Build Settings...)
4. Build And Run
Expected result: The Player runs on 60fps
Actual result: The Player runs on 2fps
Reproducible with: 2020.3.31f1, 2021.2.15f1, 2022.1.0b11, 2022.2.0a8
Could not test with: 2019.4.36f1 - due to errors in the Console window
Tested with: Safari Version 15.3 (17622.214.171.124.8)
- Not reproducible on Google Chrome
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Filters dropdown: Window doesn't rescale on items collapse
- Sprite Preview is broken when the Sprite is too tall or too wide
- Objects are invisible in Scene view when using Wireframe Shading Mode
- The property of a component becomes read-only when it is bound to "PropertyStreamHandle"
- Physics.Raycast does not work when used on the whole model
Resolution Note (2022.2.X):
Resolving this ticket as a "Third Party Issue" since there is a big performance problem in the Metal backend for WebGL of Safari. We are currently working with Google to make sure they address the issue with their Metal implementation.