Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in Unity 2017.2
[VR] Canvas should not lag behind when attached to a spatially tracked object
Steps to reproduce:
1. Download and open attached project "FloatingCanvas.zip"
2. Make sure HTC Vive is set up and connected
3. Make sure VR Mode is on in Player Settings\
4. Play the project
Actual result: Left hand has a cube and canvas as child object. Moving hand in space you can see that the canvas lags behind the cube and the controller
Expected: No dragging/lagging behind
Tested and reproduced on:
Unity 5.4.0b22, 5.4.0f1
A workaround is to modify the SteamVR_UpdatePoses.cs script.. change OnPreCull to LateUpdate. This will make the controllers line up with the UI but they will be slightly more latent, so it is only recommended updating in LateUpdate when you need UI attached to the controllers.
A proper fix for this is scheduled for 5.5 where the controllers will be updated before the UI, bringing latency down.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Unity crashes at "GetAnalyticsData" when assigning material to a broken model
- Memory leak caused when a static flag is set to 'lightmap static' on an imported model game object
- Editor freeze on "Checking workspace has not changed" message
- SerializedObject held by 'assetEditor' of ScriptedImporterEditor does not refresh on reimport
- Platform-dependent assets imported by ScriptedImporter will not get reimported when platform is changed