Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in Unity 2017.3.0f3
[VR] Canvas should not lag behind when attached to a spatially tracked object
Verified FIXED with 2017.3.0b6 and SteamVR 1.2.2
Steps to reproduce:
1. Download and open attached project "FloatingCanvas.zip"
2. Make sure HTC Vive is set up and connected
3. Make sure VR Mode is on in Player Settings\
4. Play the project
Actual result: Left hand has a cube and canvas as child object. Moving hand in space you can see that the canvas lags behind the cube and the controller
Expected: No dragging/lagging behind
Tested and reproduced on:
Unity 5.4.0b22, 5.4.0f1
A workaround is to modify the SteamVR_UpdatePoses.cs script.. change OnPreCull to LateUpdate. This will make the controllers line up with the UI but they will be slightly more latent, so it is only recommended updating in LateUpdate when you need UI attached to the controllers.
A proper fix for this is scheduled for 5.5 where the controllers will be updated before the UI, bringing latency down.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Slow editor shutdown when baking with progressive lightmapper
- Clicking on cloud icon in "In the Cloud" section, instead of opening Unity Version selector it opens save project location Popup
- [MacOS] Windows that are unattached are hidden behind Editor when the Editor Window is focused
- Some ParticleSystems use the wrong texture when several of them are being rendered with different Textures
- Tilemap's collider is offset on the X-axis when using Isometric Tilemap