Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2017.3.0f3
Won't Fix in 2017.1.X
[VR] Canvas should not lag behind when attached to a spatially tracked object
Verified FIXED with 2017.3.0b6 and SteamVR 1.2.2
Steps to reproduce:
1. Download and open attached project "FloatingCanvas.zip"
2. Make sure HTC Vive is set up and connected
3. Make sure VR Mode is on in Player Settings\
4. Play the project
Actual result: Left hand has a cube and canvas as child object. Moving hand in space you can see that the canvas lags behind the cube and the controller
Expected: No dragging/lagging behind
Tested and reproduced on:
Unity 5.4.0b22, 5.4.0f1
A workaround is to modify the SteamVR_UpdatePoses.cs script.. change OnPreCull to LateUpdate. This will make the controllers line up with the UI but they will be slightly more latent, so it is only recommended updating in LateUpdate when you need UI attached to the controllers.
A proper fix for this is scheduled for 5.5 where the controllers will be updated before the UI, bringing latency down.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- [Linux][Test Framework] Test Runner prevents interaction with the pause button when "Debug.Break" is used in a test
- A vertical graphical artifact appears on Android Player when clearing Z & Stencil Buffer and running with OpenGLES3 Graphics API
- Player crashes when built with IL2CPP Scripting backend
- TextMeshPro package throws multiple Shader errors when importing TMP Essential Resources
- Package Manager search text field has no validation and leads to Editor freezes