Search Issue Tracker
[PLM] Viewport progressively updating, even with progressive updates toggle unchecked
Steps to reproduce:
1. Open attached project with latest trunk rev 5181ec54d595 plus daa5ab5ce3d7 grafted on top to make HDRP work.
2. Observe that the lightmap is updated progressively even though the checkbox for progressive updates is unchecked.
1. Open any existing project
2. Make sure that the lightmap resolution is set to a relatively high value (128 and up)
3. Make sure that Progressive Updates toggle is off
4. Generate lighting using either the CPU or the GPU lightmapper
5. Notice how the viewport is progressively updating
- Tested on Windows10 using a Geforce2080Ti and TITAN V.
- Reproduces in: 2020.1.9f1, 2020.2.0b6, 2021.1.0a1, 2021.1.0a2
- Reproduced both with the CPU and the GPU lightmapper
- Reproduces when lightmap resolution is high; sample counts do not seem to have any effect
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- [VFX Graph] VFX graph is still dark when using Light Mode
- The Rotation of Child GameObject with the Interpolating RigidBody is set to a random number when changing the Rotation of Parent GameObject
- [Shader Graph] Shader graph is still dark when using Light Mode
- [Android] QosService.Instance.GetSortedMultiplayQosResultsAsync crashes Player when it's built
- [Linux][IL2CPP] Player is not killed when using xkill command
Resolution Note (2021.1.X):
Everything is working as expected :-)
The attached HDRP project has a wall that is built with several overlapping objects. The disc light is creating very noisy lightmaps on the inner, lightmapped layers of the wall. During baking the different lightmaps come in as they converge and are compositing, creating the illusion that progressive updates are on. I have verified with breakpoints and asserts that no compositing of unconverged lightmaps is happening.