Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2018.3.X
Components set to Play on Awake will start playing if their prefab is opened while Play Mode is active
If you are in Play Mode and then open a Prefab that contains any component that can "Play on Awake" and has the option enabled, the component will start playing in Prefab Mode.
Affects many components including:
- Video Player
- Audio Source
- Particle System
1. Install Unity
2. Open the attached project
3. Open SampleScene
4. Enter Play Mode
5. Select the "Video Player" prefab in the Project View and open it in Prefab Mode
6. The video will start playing in Prefab Mode
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- The script can be dragged and dropped before it is compiled
- Double clicking script field no longer opens it in the external script editor
- [Android] Build fails with built-in PAD custom asset(s) when using sample Addressable
- [iOS] nw_read_request_report crash
- The serialized field value cannot be changed when trying to set it back to "None"