Search Issue Tracker
Under Consideration for 2021.3.X, 2022.2.X
Fixed in 2023.1.0a23
VFX Graph Gradient Node intensifies color on Particle Emissions excessively when connected to Random Number Node
1. Open the user's attached "VFXEmissionBugExample.zip" project
2. Open SampleScene in Assets/Scenes folder
3. Open "Emission Example.vfx" in the Assets folder
4. Observe Sample Gradient Node Time value (= 1)
5. Observe Cube in Game View
6. Connect Random Number Node output "r" (min <=> max = 1) to the Sample Gradient Node input "Time"
7. Observe Cube in the Game View
Expected result: Cube Particles glow in orange color normally
Actual result: Cube Particles glow in orange color excessively
Reproducible with: 12.0.0 (2021.2.0b9, 2022.1.0a6)
Couldn't test with: 7.7.1 (2019.4.30f1) - the scene becomes white (possibly downgrading issue), 10.6.0 (2020.3.17f1), 11.0.0 (2021.1.19f1) - when random number applied, the Emission example Cube becomes black with a few colored dots (possibly downgrading issue)
The issue reproduces only when the Random Number Node Seed is set to Per Particle.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- The wrong documentation page is opened when clicking the Help icon in the Lighting window
- IPreprocessBuild.OnPreprocessBuild isn't called when building a project
- Crash on core::StringStorageDefault<char>::assign when opening the project
- Background tint doesn't work for sprites when using transitions
- [UI Toolkit] Dimensions of a parent element do not include padding when used in anchors of an absolute positioned children element