Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 7.1.0
Fixed in 7.1.1 (& future 8.x)
Found in [Package]
[VFX Graph] 7x7 Flipbook particles flash and don't animate correctly in play mode, or in edit mode with VFX graph closed
Notes: This happens on 2020.1.0a1 as well as on the latest version of SRP 7.1.1. This bug has existed since version 4.10.0 in 2018.4.4f1
1. What happened
VFX graph particles are not animating correctly. At 60 FPS, there is noticeable flicker, what looks like the flipbook is going backwards through the animation every couple of frames.
2. How we can reproduce it using the example you attached
1. Open "newscene" scene
2. Observe the bad looking effect animation
3. Open Fire.vfx graph
4. Note how the the animation now runs much smoother
5. Click "Force Runtime Mode"
6. Note how the animation now looks bad again
7. Try running play mode and see how it looks
Expected result: the VFX should look the same regardless of whether the VFX graph editor is open
Actual result: the VFX looks terrible when the VFX graph isn't open and when "Force runtime mode" is enabled
Note: this seems to be specific to 7 by 7 flipbooks. I have tested 5 by 5 flipbooks and it doesn't happen. It doesn't happen with any other dimensions that I've tried either.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Applied velocity is inconsistent when using Rigidbody AddForce() with ForceMode.VelocityChange
- Crash on AudioUtil_CUSTOM_HasAudioCallback when exiting Play Mode while the Inspector is displaying a GameObject with an empty script attached
- Scroll offset is framerate-dependent when scrolling with velocity in the Device Simulator
- "Object.FindObjectsOfType<T>() is obsolete" warning is thrown when using "Transitions Plus" asset
- [Mono] Crash on SystemNative_ReadDirR() when building for IOS/Android on a macOS machine