Search Issue Tracker
[PLM] UX issues with baking terrain on Auto Mode
When editing level geometry, be it via Terrian sculpting or ProBuilder, having Progressive Lighmapper on Autogenerate by default yields a really bad user experience because of bad perfoemance and the annoying blue texture that appears all the time.
While I understand that Progressive Lightmapper is actually a great feature, I don’t think that having it on by default, from the very start of the project is something an advanced Unity user would do, and I’m even more concerned that a new user won’t understand what it is, what is happening and will just flag this behaviour as a bug!
Some other solution is needed for the default 3D template settings.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- PrntScreen (Snapshot) key is not working on UWP on both old and new input systems
- Show compiled code for compute shaders has the "Cancel" button greyed out
- Realtime direct lighting is missing on dynamic objects under when using Shadowmask or Subtractive lighting mode(s)
- [Device Simulator] When simulator window is narrow, toolbar controls deform and some become inacessible
- Black albedo when using Enlighten Realtime GI in HDRP Player