Search Issue Tracker
[PLM] UX issues with baking terrain on Auto Mode
When editing level geometry, be it via Terrian sculpting or ProBuilder, having Progressive Lighmapper on Autogenerate by default yields a really bad user experience because of bad perfoemance and the annoying blue texture that appears all the time.
While I understand that Progressive Lightmapper is actually a great feature, I don’t think that having it on by default, from the very start of the project is something an advanced Unity user would do, and I’m even more concerned that a new user won’t understand what it is, what is happening and will just flag this behaviour as a bug!
Some other solution is needed for the default 3D template settings.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- [macOS] There is no way to tell if you are running under Rosetta
- [AssetImport] Changing Graphics APIs in Android platform reimports most of the assets (textures, fonts, ...)
- Stack frames are missing from Console window when in Full Stack trace mode
- An error is returned and no package is listed if an invalid package is hosted on a scoped registry
- Crash with ComputeTileMeshJob when generating Navmesh