Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2021.2.X
Fixed in 2020.3.X, 2021.1.X
[URP Template] Major performance drop in the Editor during Play Mode
How to reproduce:
1. Open a new URP project
2. Make sure you have Fraps opened
3. Go to Window -> Layouts -> Default (Different Layouts produce different FPS in Fraps)
4. Enter Play Mode
5. Observe the FPS from Fraps while in Play Mode
Expected result: FPS is around 640-690
Actual result: FPS is around 480-520
Reproducible with: 2020.2.0a7, 2020.2.0b11, 2021.1.0a6
Not reproducible with: 2018.4.27f1, 2019.4.10f1, 2020.1.6f1, 2020.2.0a5
- The issue is not reproducible with the built-in pipeline
- FPS amount can differ based on the setup
- Issue is only reproducible in URP
Mar 26, 2021 10:48
My URP project works fine in the Editor on 2020.1.17f1.
However when I try updating to either 2020.3.1 or 2021.1.0 the performance becomes terrible - I am experiencing the same as some others: the game becomes painfully slow in Play Mode.
I am happy to create another thread for that one.
I'm running Unity on 2017 iMac 27" with macOS Catalina (10.15.7) and a 3.4 GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i5 processor.
Mar 18, 2021 21:38
It would be great to have this fixed in 2020 LTS.
Sep 15, 2020 17:18
Related forum thread: https://forum.unity.com/threads/2020-2-0b1-performance-reduction.965363/#post-6302727
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- [URP] Exceeding the platform's supported light limit gives shadow distortion when using Deferred Rendering Path
- URP Sample Buffer Image Tile is moved when the Offset Value is changed
- Static constructor in a struct returns false when running tests with IL2CPP
- Console throws warnings and a MissingReferenceException error for XR packages when doing a clean project import
- [Linux][IL2CPP] Dedicated server crashes when calling Socket.Send
Resolution Note (fix version 2021.2):
Fixed in: 2021.2.0a8
Resolution Note (fix version 2021.1):
Fixed in: 2021.1.0b10
Resolution Note (fix version 2020.3):
Fixed in: 2020.3.2f1