Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 21.2.X
Found in [Package]
[URP] Particles are rendered behind GameObjects when Depth Texture and Soft Particles are enabled, Orthographic camera is used
1. Download and open the submitted project "Particles Bug Report.zip"
2. Open the Sample Scene
3. Make sure that Orthographic projection is set for the Main Camera's Camera component
4. Make sure that Depth Texture is enabled for the Main Camera's Camera component
5. Make sure that Soft Particles are enabled for the SoftParticles Material
6. Enter play mode
Expected result: Particles are rendered in-between GameObjects in the Scene
Actual result: Particles are rendered behind GameObjects in the Scene
Reproducible with: 2018.4.30f1 (URP , 2019.4.17f1 (URP 7.3.1), 2020.1.17f1 (URP 9.0.0-preview.72), 2020.2.1f1 (URP 10.2.2) 2021.1.0b1 (URP 11.0.0)
Not reproducible with: 2018.4.30f1 (There is no Soft Particles settingfor the LightweightRenderPipeline/Particles/Unlit shader)
Could not test with HDRP as there is no Depth Texture setting.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Editor directs to non-existent page when pressing "Learn more..." for Asset Pipeline
- ChangeSets are not detected when created via Editor Scripts
- "Cyclic Prefab nesting not supported" error window is thrown when trying to nest two sibling prefab variants
- BuildPipeline error is thrown when building Asset Bundles
- "IndexOutOfRangeException" errors appear when entering Play Mode if using "AsDeferredJobArray"