Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 21.2.X
Found in [Package]
[URP] Particles are rendered behind GameObjects when Depth Texture and Soft Particles are enabled, Orthographic camera is used
1. Download and open the submitted project "Particles Bug Report.zip"
2. Open the Sample Scene
3. Make sure that Orthographic projection is set for the Main Camera's Camera component
4. Make sure that Depth Texture is enabled for the Main Camera's Camera component
5. Make sure that Soft Particles are enabled for the SoftParticles Material
6. Enter play mode
Expected result: Particles are rendered in-between GameObjects in the Scene
Actual result: Particles are rendered behind GameObjects in the Scene
Reproducible with: 2018.4.30f1 (URP , 2019.4.17f1 (URP 7.3.1), 2020.1.17f1 (URP 9.0.0-preview.72), 2020.2.1f1 (URP 10.2.2) 2021.1.0b1 (URP 11.0.0)
Not reproducible with: 2018.4.30f1 (There is no Soft Particles settingfor the LightweightRenderPipeline/Particles/Unlit shader)
Could not test with HDRP as there is no Depth Texture setting.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- "Unknown managed type referenced" error is thrown on Play Mode enter with Profiler recording
- CapsuleCast from certain positions fails to detect a hit
- ShaderUtil.GetShaderData(shader).SubshaderCount does not count unsupported subshader
- GameObject.GetComponents returns the wrong number of components
- GUI button looks different from Editor in a Build