Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 21.2.X
Found in [Package]
[URP] Particles are rendered behind GameObjects when Depth Texture and Soft Particles are enabled, Orthographic camera is used
1. Download and open the submitted project "Particles Bug Report.zip"
2. Open the Sample Scene
3. Make sure that Orthographic projection is set for the Main Camera's Camera component
4. Make sure that Depth Texture is enabled for the Main Camera's Camera component
5. Make sure that Soft Particles are enabled for the SoftParticles Material
6. Enter play mode
Expected result: Particles are rendered in-between GameObjects in the Scene
Actual result: Particles are rendered behind GameObjects in the Scene
Reproducible with: 2018.4.30f1 (URP , 2019.4.17f1 (URP 7.3.1), 2020.1.17f1 (URP 9.0.0-preview.72), 2020.2.1f1 (URP 10.2.2) 2021.1.0b1 (URP 11.0.0)
Not reproducible with: 2018.4.30f1 (There is no Soft Particles settingfor the LightweightRenderPipeline/Particles/Unlit shader)
Could not test with HDRP as there is no Depth Texture setting.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Fields are not focused correctly when using UI Builder
- UNITY_SERVER scripting define does not work when switching to Dedicated Server from Windows by script
- Mesh.CombineMeshes discards empty sub-meshes when 'mergeSubmeshes' is set to false
- [Linux] MacOS build fails for every architecture when the project contains a "StreamingAssets" folder with empty an "yaml" file
- Property drawers do not always update height correctly when expanded via iteration