Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 9.0.0
Fixed in 8.1.0
Found in [Package]
Errors are Constantly thrown when Active Input Handling is set to Input System Package
How to reproduce:
1. Create a new URP template project
2. Open Project Settings > Player > Active Input Handling and set it to "Input System Package (New)"
3. Play the Scene
Expected result: Editor plays the scene without any errors
Actual result: Editor is constantly throwing errors
Not reproducible with: 2018.4.7f1, 2019.2.2f1, 2019.3.0a5
Reproducible with: 2019.3.0a6, 2019.3.0a12, 2020.1.0a1
Could not test with: 2017.4(No Package Manager)
Reproducible with package versions: 6.5.3, 6.7.1, 6.9.1, 7.0.1
Workaround: Setting Active Input Handling to "Both"
1. The issue only happens if Active Input Handling is set to "Input System Package (New)"
2. Can also be reproduced after removing URP/LWRP.
3. The issue seems to occur with every URP/LWRP version when 2019.3.0a6 or above is used
Feb 12, 2020 19:42
Could it be this also causes the stacktrace every update? https://forum.unity.com/threads/ugui-throws-error-when-used-with-new-input-system.824361/
Feb 08, 2020 13:17
Jan 29, 2020 03:49
...and still appears to be there in 2019.3.0f6!
Jan 28, 2020 14:06
Issue still exists in URP 7.1.8. Common guys, this needs to be fixed.
Jan 24, 2020 08:41
Why URP depends on Input???
Dec 30, 2019 10:05
Bump, still present in 2019.0.3 RC4 / URP 7.1.7. It is really annoying and shouldn't be hard or long to fix, please !
Dec 29, 2019 08:29
The fix mentioned by MisterRogers allows to get rid of errors, but it is not an ideal solution and the problem still remains that HDRP/URP should not throws these errors in the first place.
Dec 28, 2019 20:39
Hi, the 'fix' is
'Yup, starting with 2019.3, anything that uses the old input system when "Active Input Handling" is set to "Input System" in the player settings (which installing the input system package does from the dialog it pops up) will lead to errors as the old input system backends are disabled.
You can set "Active Input Handling" to "Both" to get rid of the errors'
this had been addressed only here.
Dec 20, 2019 14:53
Still not fixed in URP 7.1.7
Sep 01, 2019 15:39
Also reproducible with 2019.3.0b1 (package version 7.0.1)
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- [Android] TouchScreenKeyboard.active triggers an error when set to false in the Player
- [Android] Auto-correct suggestions show up over the "hidden zone" when typing text with TouchScreenKeyboard
- [Android] Clicks on the "hidden zone" remain blocked when TouchScreenKeyboard is active
- [URP][DX12] Black Game View window when URP Dynamic Resolution is enabled
- VideoPlayer.Time is not updated when seeking is completed
Resolution Note (fix version 9.0.0):
We disabled the runtime inputs for projects that are only using the new input system. We'll make the debug menu work when the new input system will be out of preview.
Fixed in 2020.2.0a9 and URP 9.0.0. Please note that for the fix to work both Editor and Package versions must be matched.
Resolution Note (fix version 8.1.0):
Fixed in 2020.1.0b9 and URP 8.1.0
Fixed in 2019.3.15f1 and URP 7.3.1