Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 9.0.0
Fixed in 8.1.0
Found in [Package]
Errors are Constantly thrown when Active Input Handling is set to Input System Package
How to reproduce:
1. Create a new URP template project
2. Open Project Settings > Player > Active Input Handling and set it to "Input System Package (New)"
3. Play the Scene
Expected result: Editor plays the scene without any errors
Actual result: Editor is constantly throwing errors
Not reproducible with: 2018.4.7f1, 2019.2.2f1, 2019.3.0a5
Reproducible with: 2019.3.0a6, 2019.3.0a12, 2020.1.0a1
Could not test with: 2017.4(No Package Manager)
Reproducible with package versions: 6.5.3, 6.7.1, 6.9.1, 7.0.1
Workaround: Setting Active Input Handling to "Both"
1. The issue only happens if Active Input Handling is set to "Input System Package (New)"
2. Can also be reproduced after removing URP/LWRP.
3. The issue seems to occur with every URP/LWRP version when 2019.3.0a6 or above is used
Nov 15, 2021 23:49
Try this one, i have changed my properties in EventSystem and now it's works for me:
Sep 08, 2021 12:27
this is not fixed.
Jun 28, 2020 14:57
Fixed for me! Tested on 2019.4.1f1 with URP 7.3.1
Jun 18, 2020 16:41
NOT fixed in 2019.4.1f1
Apr 21, 2020 02:54
It still exist after "re-import all". They only way to avoid it with using Input System is setting "Active Input Handling" to "Both". But may be there is some performance cost? I am not sure.
Mar 22, 2020 14:19
Also happens when using a Cinemachine Free Look Camera
Mar 02, 2020 01:25
Reimporting the URP 7.2.1 package as suggested on a forum post seems to have resolved my issue.
Mar 02, 2020 01:13
I'm in the process of switching over to new input system and this is popping up in my project now as well. I did not have UDP or HDRP installed in the project when I brought in the input system, it was only in the project prior but removed before input was changed.
Feb 23, 2020 07:56
Never mind, the issue was fixed after a reimport all.
Unity's internal scripting define symbols do not get updated until the entire project is reimported. This is because the system was designed for platform dependent compilation, and when the editor switches platforms a reimport all is performed.
You can fix the issue with right click -> reimport all in the Project window or by deleting your project's Library folder.
Feb 23, 2020 07:38
Still happening in URP 7.2.1. This is ridiculous, this is not a hard problem for Unity to fix.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- [HDRP] Decal Projector with layer mask "nothing" doesn't affect transparent objects when Decal Layers are disabled in frame settings
- "MonoBehaviour.OnApplicationQuit" is still called when quitting is canceled by “Application.wantsToQuit“ returning false
- [2D SG/VFX] Surface options are not shown in Output Inspector when 2D Sprite SG is assigned to VFX
- Collisions are incorrectly registered when setting a joint motor every frame causes
- Terrain shadows flicker while moving the Camera in the Player when Terrain contains GPU instanced materials
Resolution Note (fix version 9.0.0):
We disabled the runtime inputs for projects that are only using the new input system. We'll make the debug menu work when the new input system will be out of preview.
Fixed in 2020.2.0a9 and URP 9.0.0. Please note that for the fix to work both Editor and Package versions must be matched.
Resolution Note (fix version 8.1.0):
Fixed in 2020.1.0b9 and URP 8.1.0
Fixed in 2019.3.15f1 and URP 7.3.1