Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 11.0.0
Found in [Package]
URP and HDRP builds include unused asset files that cannot be stripped
How to reproduce:
1. Open attached project "urpStripping.zip"
2. In the Menu bar, go to File > Build Settings...
3. In the Build Settings window, click on Build and select the "Build" folder
4. After the build, in the Menu bar, go to Window > Open Last Build Report
5. In the Inspector window, click on SourceAssets and observe the files
Expected result: unused assets are not included in the build
Actual result: unused assets (such as "Medium01.png", "Large01.png" etc.) are included in the build
Reproducible with: 4.1.0-preview, 4.10.0-preview (2018.4.26f1), 7.3.1, 7.4.3 (2019.4.8f1), 8.2.0, 10.0.0-preview.30 (2020.1.2f1, 2020.2.0a20)
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- The terrain appears darker when "Per-pixel Normal" is enabled
- [Linux] Editor assertion causes Test Runner to fail when executing it in Batch Mode
- Color selection by the mouse cursor is still enabled when the "Esc" button is pressed
- Game view becomes black and the Scene window becomes grey, “ArgumentOutOfRangeException” errors and “Render Pipeline error” warnings appear after changing the name or deleting URP/HDRP global settings file
- Transform Component is not accessible inside the Player when RuntimeInitializeOnLoadMethod is used
Resolution Note (fix version 11.0.0):
Fixed in URP 11.0.0
Assets are correctly stripped when Post-processing is disabled in URP