Search Issue Tracker
[URP][2D] No shadows are cast from Point Light 2D when Global Light 2D is present
How to reproduce:
1. Open the attached project "lightRepro"
2. Open the scene "Game" (Assets/_Project/Scenes/Game.unity)
3. In the Scene view, observe that no shadows are visible
4. In the Hierarchy window, select the GameObject "Global Light 2D"
5. In the Inspector window, disable and re-enable the Light 2D component
6. Under "Light Type", change it to "Freeform" and back to "Global"
7. Inspect the Scene view
Expected result: No shadows are visible
Actual result: Shadows are visible
Reproducible with: 12.1.4 (2021.2.12f1), 13.1.5 (2022.1.0b8), 14.0.0 (2022.2.0a5)
Could not test with: 2019.4.36f1, 2020.3.30f1 (Experimental Light 2D)
Note: After following the steps, entering Play mode makes the shadows disappear again
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- On Script import/reimport MonoImporter does not generate consistent results due to updating Custom packages
- [Entities Graphics] Size of the Content Update generated folder increases when changes are made to the Scene
- In Play Mode, an extra Sync Call is made every frame when a GameObject has a Rigidbody 2D component
- Crash on block_remove when a scene is opened in a specific project
- The GameObject with a Hinge Joint Component does not return to the initial position when the Use Motor property is toggled off