Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2017.3.0f3
Fixed in 5.6, 2017.1, 2017.2
Updating a Skinned Mesh Renderer that is only rendered by a Command Buffer is not working
Steps to reproduce:
1. Open attached project
2. Go into play mode
3. In the scene view look at another point in which the soldier is not being seen by the scene view. (see the gif attached)
-Soldier is not moving
Note: Skinned mesh renderer is updating as expected by adding another camera, but this isn't an expected solution by the customer because adding new camera will increase draw calls.
Problem: The toggles for "Update When Offscreen" on the skinned mesh and "Culling Mode: Always Animate" on the animator has no effect, therefore causing Skinned Mesh Renderer to not update when the camera is looking away from the mesh.
Expected result: Skinned Mesh Renderer should be updated when the camera is looking away from the mesh.
Actual result: Skinned Mesh Renderer is not getting updated when the camera is looking away from the mesh.
Reproduced with: 5.6.0f3, 5.6.2p4, 2017.1.0p1, 2017.2.0b6, 2017.3.0a3
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- [Linux Hub] A new instance of the Hub does not have a Taskbar icon
- Mesh Inspector becomes slow to use when inspecting a large Mesh with Blend Shapes
- [Metal] GfxDeviceMetal::CreateComputeProgram does not check inputs
- The Modes button of the the SerializedField MinMaxGradient is not clickable in the Inspector when indentLevel is more than 0
- Input.GetKey for Left Shift returns true when Right Shift is held down and Left Shift is pressed (and vice versa)