Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 7.1.1
Found in [Package]
[Universal][LWRP] Animated materials ignore "Animated Materials" checkbox in "other effects" menu in scene view.
In both 6.9.1 and 7.0.1:
The "Animated Materials" option in "other effects" menu in scene view does nothing. It has no effect on whether or not animated materials actually animate in the scene view. If shadergraph is open with an animated shader, they will animate; if it is not they (usually) won't.
Steps to reproduce:
1. Create a new project
2. Add the LWRP or Universal Pipeline Asset and plug it into the graphics settings
3. Create a sphere in the scene.
4. Create a new shadergraph
5. Set up the shadergraph shown in the first attached image. (Any shadergraph with time will work, but this one animates quickly and is good for testing)
6. Create a material and assign the shadergraph you just created to the material.
7. Assign the material to the sphere.
8. Make sure the shadergraph window is closed and that the material is not selected in the asset folder window or inspector.
9. Go to the "other effects" menu at the top of your scene window (it's near the middle, two stacked parallelograms and a star) and toggle "Animated Materials" off and on again.
Expected result: the animated materials will activate or deactivate when you turn the Animated Materials option on and off.
Actual result: The Animated Materials option does nothing.
Note: this is especially frustrating in 7.0.1. In 6.9.1 there is a workaround where having an animated material selected in the inspector will make them animate in the scene; in 7.0.1 the only way for them to animate in the scene is to have a shadergraph window with an animated material open.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Element UI disappears and NullReferenceException is thrown when dragging off the last or first element from the list in the Inspector
- [Silicon] Crash on ScriptableRenderLoopJob when machine is left idle while the Editor is in Play mode
- [Android] GraphicsBuffer.CopyCount does not work with Append Compute Buffer after Compute Shader Dispatch on some Android devices
- "DirectoryNotFoundException" error when building a project via script in one folder, then building via Editor in another, deleting the folder built via Editor and rebuilding via Script
- New items are created and old ones remain in memory when using 'treeView.SetRootItems(items)' and 'treeView.Rebuild()' which can cause a memory leak