Search Issue Tracker
UnityYAMLMerge does not work with with TortoiseSVN
1. Open attached project "SmartMerge_TestSetup.zip" in version that's to be tested
2. Setup UnityYAMLMerge (https://docs.unity3d.com/Manual/SmartMerge.html)
3. Create new GitHub repository, check it out, add the project to Trunk and Commit the changes.
4. Open the project located within the checked out repository and scene "SampleScene"
5. In Hierarchy window, duplicate "SouthArea" GameObject, select it
6. In Inspector window, rename the GameObject to "WestArea"
7. Save the changes
8. In File Explorer, commit the SampleScene.unity modification via TortoiseSVN
9. In File Explorer, right-click SampleScene.unity and choose TortoiseSVN -> Show Log
10. In TortoiseSVN window, right-click the first commit and select "Update item to revision"
11. In Unity Editor, observe that SampleScene.unity no longer has the "WestArea" GameObject
12. In Hierarchy window, duplicate "SouthArea" GameObject, select it
13. In Inspector window, rename the GameObject to "EastArea"
14. Save the changes
15. In File Explorer, right-click the scene file and click "SVN Update"
16. Observe TortoiseSVN window
Expected result: No conflicts
Actual result: Changes conflict
Reproducible with: 2018.4.35f1, 2019.4.28f1, 2020.3.11f1, 2021.1.10f1, 2021.2.0a19
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Dropdown menu covers the button when there is no space for it from below
- WebCamDevice only returns one rear-facing camera when built on Android
- Reimporting a Scripted Importer Asset when Profiler is recording will make it null
- Created Import Issue Asset doesn't show up in the Project window until the Unity Editor is restarted
- Crash on CachedWriter::Write when building a project that has access to files being denied