Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2019.3.X
Fixed in 2018.4.X, 2019.1.X, 2019.2.X
UnityScene::AddRootToScene crashes when importing a Prefab
1. Download attached “PrefabCrash.zip" project and open in Unity
2. Select "MissionsView_Roots.prefab", right-click it and press "Reimport"
Expected results: Unity Editor successfully imports a Prefab
Actual results: Unity Editor crashes
- This issue appears both on Windows and macOS
- Stacktrace and Project are shared in the Comments section
- It looks like the Crash is being caused by a combination of dangling Animators in the Prefab and other dangling Component References
Reproduced on Unity 2018.3.0a10, 2018.3.14f1, 2018.4.1f1, 2019.1.4f1, 2019.2.0b3 and 2019.3.0a4
Not reproduced on Unity 2018.3.0a9
Regression on Unity 2018.3.0a10
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Lists auto expand when scrolling down in the Inspector Window
- Graphics.CopyTexture does not work with Texture2DArray when "Texture Quality" is not "Full Res"
- Unity Download Assistant uses the last install path
- Keycodes Less and Greater are not being registered when using GetKeyDown
- GameObjects in the Scene are not selectable when using "w" after painting with Tile Pallete