Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2019.3.X
Fixed in 2018.4.X, 2019.1.X, 2019.2.X
UnityScene::AddRootToScene crashes when importing a Prefab
1. Download attached “PrefabCrash.zip" project and open in Unity
2. Select "MissionsView_Roots.prefab", right-click it and press "Reimport"
Expected results: Unity Editor successfully imports a Prefab
Actual results: Unity Editor crashes
- This issue appears both on Windows and macOS
- Stacktrace and Project are shared in the Comments section
- It looks like the Crash is being caused by a combination of dangling Animators in the Prefab and other dangling Component References
Reproduced on Unity 2018.3.0a10, 2018.3.14f1, 2018.4.1f1, 2019.1.4f1, 2019.2.0b3 and 2019.3.0a4
Not reproduced on Unity 2018.3.0a9
Regression on Unity 2018.3.0a10
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Shader warnings are thrown when creating a new empty 3D HDRP project
- Crash on tlsf_free when exiting the Play mode in a specific project
- Advanced Object Picker switches to Classic with Error "Exception caught with search engine (Object Selector)Advanced" when opening multiple Object Picker windows
- The "secondary" touchpoint reverts to the previous position when the "primary" touchpoint is released and re-engaged on WebGL applications
- GameObject with Visual Effect Graph Component is blooming when the VFX Graph Color is set to "0" and Alpha is set "1"