Search Issue Tracker
UnityLinker exception when building to any platform with managed code stripping
1. Open attached project
2. Build and run to any platform
Actual result: the Fatal error in Unity CIL Linker appear
Expected result: it should build without errors
Reproduced with: 2018.4.8f1; 2019.2.0f1; 2019.2.3f1; 2020.1.0a2
Can not check on older versions due to errors of missing packages
Note: User says that the issue does not happen on 2018.3.8 but can not be tested.
Fatal error in Unity CIL Linker
Mono.Linker.MarkException: Error processing method: 'System.Void Gryphon.Protocol.CustomMetadata/CustomMetadataDeserializer::Deserialize(System.ArraySegment`1<System.Byte>,Gryphon.Proto.IProtoBuf&)' in assembly: 'Assembly-CSharp.dll' ---> System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at Mono.Linker.MethodBodyScanner.GetReferencedInterfaces(AnnotationStore annotations, MethodBody body)
at Mono.Linker.Steps.MarkStep.MarkInterfacesNeededByBodyStack(MethodBody body)
at Mono.Linker.Steps.MarkStep.MarkMethodBody(MethodBody body)
at Unity.Linker.Steps.UnityMarkStep.MarkMethodBody(MethodBody body)
at Mono.Linker.Steps.MarkStep.ProcessMethod(MethodDefinition method)
at Unity.Linker.Steps.UnityMarkStep.ProcessMethod(MethodDefinition method)
"The assembly 'Gryphon.Proto' has a mismatched file name: 'Gryphon.Proto.188.8.131.52.dll'. This can cause compilation problems on some platforms."
As a workaround you can change the file name of Assets/Gryphon.Proto/Gryphon.Proto.184.108.40.206.dll by Assets/Gryphon.Proto/Gryphon.Proto.dll
Note: works fine on standalone platform
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Texture Importer Inspector throws errors when a built-in texture inspector is overwritten in C#
- ArgumentOutOfRangeException error is thrown when selecting a message printed in the Console with specific string
- [macOS] VideoPlayer.clockTime gets stuck for a few frames when starting to play a video
- VideoPlayer.StepForward() does not VideoPlayer.OnFrameReady when using a non-transcoded video
- [Android] A few frames of audio is played when VideoPlayer.Prepare() is called with audio output mode set to Audio Source