Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2020.2
Unity overrides certain scripts even when they are named differently
When importing a certain package that has a similar named script - in this case - "ScrollRectOcclusion" vs "UI_ScrollRectOcclusion" the asset importer tries to override that script. the user will only get the option to override that script or not import it at all, which will cause issues both ways.
Also, due to the fact that there is a GUI conflict, which causes the original file to be overridden, references in the package to that script are overridden.
- download this project
- download the attached "import_me.unitypackage"
- notice that it't trying to override that script
- notice that the prefab will now reference the UI_ScrollRectOcclusion.cs, instead of the original - ScrollRectOcclusion.cs
reproducible in 2018.4.23f1, 2019.3.13f1, 2020.1.0b10 and 2020.2.0a11
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Nodes in the Vertex block are deleted when the edge connected to the Node is deleted
- Changes to instanced detail mesh material don't immediately apply
- [uGUI] Vertices retrieved from GetUIVertexStream method cannot be modified when adjusting them through script
- Scroll bar scrolls less in the Package Manager packages than elsewhere when pressing on the empty scroll bar area to scroll
- Undo.RegisterCreatedObjectUndo dirties the scene, but no actual changes to Scene are made