Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2020.2.X
Unity overrides certain scripts even when they are named differently
When importing a certain package that has a similar named script - in this case - "ScrollRectOcclusion" vs "UI_ScrollRectOcclusion" the asset importer tries to override that script. the user will only get the option to override that script or not import it at all, which will cause issues both ways.
Also, due to the fact that there is a GUI conflict, which causes the original file to be overridden, references in the package to that script are overridden.
- download this project
- download the attached "import_me.unitypackage"
- notice that it't trying to override that script
- notice that the prefab will now reference the UI_ScrollRectOcclusion.cs, instead of the original - ScrollRectOcclusion.cs
reproducible in 2018.4.23f1, 2019.3.13f1, 2020.1.0b10 and 2020.2.0a11
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- [URP] Exceeding the platform's supported light limit gives shadow distortion when using Deferred Rendering Path
- URP Sample Buffer Image Tile is moved when the Offset Value is changed
- Static constructor in a struct returns false when running tests with IL2CPP
- Console throws warnings and a MissingReferenceException error for XR packages when doing a clean project import
- [Linux][IL2CPP] Dedicated server crashes when calling Socket.Send