Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2020.2.X
Unity overrides certain scripts even when they are named differently
When importing a certain package that has a similar named script - in this case - "ScrollRectOcclusion" vs "UI_ScrollRectOcclusion" the asset importer tries to override that script. the user will only get the option to override that script or not import it at all, which will cause issues both ways.
Also, due to the fact that there is a GUI conflict, which causes the original file to be overridden, references in the package to that script are overridden.
- download this project
- download the attached "import_me.unitypackage"
- notice that it't trying to override that script
- notice that the prefab will now reference the UI_ScrollRectOcclusion.cs, instead of the original - ScrollRectOcclusion.cs
reproducible in 2018.4.23f1, 2019.3.13f1, 2020.1.0b10 and 2020.2.0a11
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- [macOS] There is no way to tell if you are running under Rosetta
- [AssetImport] Changing Graphics APIs in Android platform reimports most of the assets (textures, fonts, ...)
- Stack frames are missing from Console window when in Full Stack trace mode
- An error is returned and no package is listed if an invalid package is hosted on a scoped registry
- Crash with ComputeTileMeshJob when generating Navmesh