Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2020.2.X
Unity overrides certain scripts even when they are named differently
When importing a certain package that has a similar named script - in this case - "ScrollRectOcclusion" vs "UI_ScrollRectOcclusion" the asset importer tries to override that script. the user will only get the option to override that script or not import it at all, which will cause issues both ways.
Also, due to the fact that there is a GUI conflict, which causes the original file to be overridden, references in the package to that script are overridden.
- download this project
- download the attached "import_me.unitypackage"
- notice that it't trying to override that script
- notice that the prefab will now reference the UI_ScrollRectOcclusion.cs, instead of the original - ScrollRectOcclusion.cs
reproducible in 2018.4.23f1, 2019.3.13f1, 2020.1.0b10 and 2020.2.0a11
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- [Android] Android build fails when targeting SDK 31 and using Build-Tools 31.0.0
- Sprite Atlas is compressed when Compress Assets on Import is disabled
- "UnityException: Unable to package apk Unity library missing for the selected architecture x86" error on android il2cpp builds
- Colors are not dilated on the edges when Alpha is Transparency parameter is enabled on the Texture
- Crash on GUIView::DoPaint when selecting color with a color picker