Search Issue Tracker
"Unity is already in list" error appears when opening a project
Steps to reproduce:
1. Open Unity Hub
2. Open an existing project
Expected result: Unity Editor is launched with no errors
Actual result: Unity Editor isn't launched, "Unity is already in list. You cannot locate the same version" error appears in Unity Hub for a brief second
Reproduced with: Unity Hub 2.3.0
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- The Editor does not recognize button release when first releasing the "LShift" button and then "Numpad2"
- Reflection Probe doesn't load until it's selected in the Hierarchy window when the project has been opened
- "ArgumentNullException" error in the Console when selecting certain ScriptableObjects and entering Play Mode
- Configurable joints become bouncier when setting "Bounciness" below 1
- Prefabs get corrupted when editing Particle System curves
Aug 28, 2020 23:36
can't solve this issue by any methods ((( please remove to Trashbox this damm util ( rollback whan Unity Editor have his own project list window
Aug 28, 2020 23:10
Hi guys! any Unity Hub version have this issue , it NOT fixed! I kill all my working day to open my project. It's terrible! Fix it please!
Aug 04, 2020 08:47
this is still not fixed. I'm on hub 2.3.2
Jul 15, 2020 06:47
Is not fixed. this is a huge problem consuming so much time for the proyect.
Jul 11, 2020 08:09
@ALIENVMUSIC After 15 hours trying to solve different ways, your tip will work perfectly for me. A huge thank you!
Jun 30, 2020 06:31
This isn't fixed for me either.
Jun 28, 2020 16:06
This is not fixed. only opening via scene works
May 17, 2020 07:21
This is not fixed. I have a fresh unity and hub installed from 3 days ago, still getting this error.
May 13, 2020 14:51
Anyways, here's how I fixed it:
1. Sign out of Hub and close it
2. From Task Manager -> remove any Unity Hub process still running (I had 1 running even though it was closed!)
3. Find your license C:\ProgramData\Unity\ and delete the Unity_lic.ulf file
4. Start Hub again and Sign In
5. It should complain that you don't have an active license (Go to Cogwheel in top right and choose License Management)
6. Choose Manual Activation and follow the instructions
Instructions for Manual Activation
(7. Save a License Request file on your PC)
(8. Go to the link provided license.unity3d.com/manual (you need to be signed in))
(9. Locate the Saved License Request and upload it. Then Download the new license you get. Place it somewhere safe)
(10. In Hub click Next and locate your new downloaded License)
(11. It should state that it was successfull)
12. Then open your project from the Projects list again and it should work
Really annoying problem, and the error message "Unity is already in list. You cannot locate the same version" that pops up for a few milliseconds was really hard to spot.. also didn't say anything about failed licenses. (I'm using Unity 2019.2.7f and 2019.3.5f1)
Maybe it help for some of you. Cheers
Apr 28, 2020 23:54
Here is solution:
Valid for Unity Hub 2.3.1