Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2019.1.X
Fixed in 2018.2.X, 2018.3.X
Unity freezes when importing a specific .FBX file
How to reproduce:
1. Create a new project
2. Drag cylinder.FBX file into the Project
Expected result: cylinder.FBX is imported into Unity
Actual result: The import freezes
Reproducible on: 2018.2.0a5, 2018.2.9f1, 2018.3.0b3, 2019.1.0a2
Not reproducible on: 2017.4.12f1, 2018.1.9f2, 2018.2.0a4
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Sprite Preview is broken when the Sprite is too tall or too wide
- Objects are invisible in Scene view when using Wireframe Shading Mode
- The property of a component becomes read-only when it is bound to "PropertyStreamHandle"
- Physics.Raycast does not work when used on the whole model
- Shader Graph changes the Position of Prefab instances in Play mode
Aug 18, 2020 15:57
good one <a href="https://www.lyricsauto.com">lyricsauto</a>
Apr 16, 2019 18:07
Actually, scratch that. I set up a simpler test case and it worked ok. It just turns out it's taking a very very long time. Took well over an hour to import a scene geometry fbx file. Maybe it's doing something complex like generating shadow UVs. It has got past it and onto audio files now though. I should point out that CPU usage was barely registering, which is why i thought it had frozen.
Apr 16, 2019 17:07
I still get this issue with multiple FBX files exported from 3DS Max 2013 (using FBX exporter binary 2012 & 2013) in Unity versions 2019.1.0f1 and 2019.2.0a11. I can't load my projects in these versions.